I apologize, it's another block

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
I'm having a blast doing this casting. I forgot how much I enjoyed seeing the colors and the combinations as they come together. I much rather cast than make the pens or whatever the cast becomes.
This one has three colors with one of them being a personal blend of two individual colors. I guess there are really four colors.

I showed this one to my wife and she said it looks like a twisted tigger, yes tigger and not tiger, like on Winnie the Pooh. So, that's what it will be called.

I also apologize for the poor photos. My hands are just not steady enough to get quality photos, but I hope they are good enough.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ssalvage

That's really cool! Will you be cutting into blanks and selling them? If so, I may be interested in 1 or 2.

Terredax

Banned
Sorry, these are for my brother to make handles. He bought the supplies and I'm just doing the casting.
I think he is working on the first block I made ... http://www.penturners.org/forum/f43/1st-block-141533/

and the next one ...
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f43/i-have-bad-catalyst-141535/

I'm not set up to do enough casting to try selling any.
It seems that most pen makers are casting their own blanks, so it probably wouldn't be worth the investment for a set up to start selling judging by the interest of the last three blocks I've cast.

I enjoy the casting, but I would require a guaranteed outlet for them before I could even think of investing in a selling venture. With so many people casting, I don't believe that is possible.

It would probably be better, if you like the particular cast, to send you some of the exact colorants I used, for you to cast your own.

When the first block is transformed into the handles, I'll get a photo to show the interior pattern.

arkie

The best investment you can make in better pictures is a cheap tripod and use the timer on your phone/camera if one is equipped. These looked fine to me.

I also apologize for the poor photos. My hands are just not steady enough to get quality photos, but I hope they are good enough.

ssalvage

It would probably be better, if you like the particular cast, to send you some of the exact colorants I used, for you to cast your own.

Yeah, I do cast a lot of my own blanks, but I am not above buying something I like that someone else made. :)

If you have the info handy, yes I would be interested in knowing what colors you used in that one. Looks to me like silver, black, and gold of some variety.
What I am even more interested in though, is how you were able to achieve that pattern. Very cool. :good:

Top Bottom