HUGE Shout Out to Cody Walker (Cwalker935)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GaryMadore

A long long time ago in a land far far away (Canada), I thought I might try my hand at casting blanks.

As usual, I put the cart before the horse and bought some snake skins before I bought anything else.

And, as you've likely guessed by now, I never got around to buying anything else. I've had these skins stored in my big box of pen stuff for a long time now... long after I gave up on the idea of casting my own blanks.

I recently posted here in this forum, asking if there was anybody interested in a collaboration where I'd send them a skin for them to cast in return for a couple of blanks if things worked out.

Cody said he'd like to give it a go, so I sent him a nice Prairie Rattler skin a couple of weeks ago.

I was so very pleasantly surprised today when I checked the mail and there was a pretty big envelope from Florida waiting for me. Inside was a large selection of beautifully cast blanks for several different kits: Jr Jent, Cigar, Bullet, Slimline, Sierra... All of them were bloody gorgeous.

I expected a couple of blanks and got a whole bunch. I expected to get some of the mangy skin and got none. I expected to be happy and am instead thrilled.

Fortunately for me, Cody also gave me some hints and tips to help ensure that I don't explode all of these blanks like I did the last set I got from an esteemed member here.

Anyway, yeah, here's a big giant "THANK YOU!" to Cwalker935 for volunteering to participate in my silly idea and for blowing my mind with the results.

If he ever goes into business, I WILL be a customer. Often.

Cheers!

Gary

Last edited:
Top Bottom