A high gloss finish for stabilized wood with a "wet" look?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

asaper

Hi everyone, long time browser here but first post. Based on your guys great info I have 4 blanks of stabilized wood now. Im looking to finish them in a high gloss look but the blanks, for some reason the blanks came out looking... dry?

Heres an image:

jbOBPup.jpg

Basically when I run over the blank with a damp paper towel the rich blue comes out but when it dries. Im looking to find a way to both preserve that rich "wet" blue and add a high gloss kind of like this:

13534234_1313497168678899_377564498_n.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

I use it as my only sealant a finish. However, other use other processes and finishes. What I Do Is not nearly the best for all. Wipe on poly is another popular finish. There are many others.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

magpens

CA glue will give your wood a glossy, wet look. . You don't need any other coating underneath.

There is a learning process to using CA. . Check the Library here. . Also, check Youtube for videos about how to apply a CA finish. . It is not that easy and you would be well-advised to practise getting the look you like before you apply CA to your precious project !

Welcome to IAP !!!!

More4dan

I have had the same issue on my stabilized wood knife handles. A trip to the buffer was all it took to get a wet looking shinny finish. On some I've used teak oil with some affect also. CA will definitely work also.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom