Here are some other recent blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ericofpendom

I have been asked for these Tooty Fruity blanks quite a lot recently so I got stuck in.

Thanks for looking.

Regards

Eric...

Attachments

• IMG_1985.jpg
    IMG_1985.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_1967.jpg
    IMG_1967.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_1991.jpg
    IMG_1991.jpg
    376.1 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_2011.jpg
    IMG_2011.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 191
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Imaginethat

Pen Blank chips

I have been asked for these Tooty Fruity blanks quite a lot recently so I got stuck in.

Thanks for looking.

Regards

Eric...

Eric, I really enjoyed looking at the Tooty Fruity blanks. What type of material did you use for the chips and if I might ask, where did you find them. I have been searching for plastic chips but not been successful in locating any. Of course I would understand if you don't want to reveal your sources.

Thank you

ericofpendom

Hi Dennis,
Thanks for your interest. I create the chips myself by casting the round blanks, cutting them into 4 along the length and then cutting the quarters into slices of around 3 to 4mm. It's very long winded but i think they are worth it and so do the guys that buy them.
I use a 1/2" x 24tpi bandsaw blade thats gives a nice clean cut. I have considered trying to just smash them up with a hammer but it is too messy and I find that irregular shaped pieces can cause air bubbles to get trapped when doing the big cast.
Hope this helps.

Regards

Eric...

Imaginethat

Eric, that is most helpful and makes the most sense. The material matches the resins you use. I didn't even consider making the chips myself!

My dad used to tell me he would work on his computer until it breaks then he had something to work on.

Like your saying.

Thanks again

Last edited:
Top Bottom