HELP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BKelley

I am having trouble with Liquid Diamonds epoxy resin. Yesterday I poured up two tube in blanks. Today 28 hours later the Liquid Diamonds is still liquid, no sign of gel what's so ever. I mixed at the 2 to 1 ratio. This was done in the house, not sure of the tempeture, but the house was comfortable. The epoxy was stored in my unseated shop, but it spent one night in the house 12 hours before using. It is possible that the epoxy got down to 15-20 degrees during our recent cold snap. Question, will storing at low tempetures effect setting up capabilities even after warming up. Any other thoughts? Who would have complete run down and specs on Liquid Diamonds?

Ben

dachshund1

I store and cast my LD resin in a basement workshop - so while it gets cool, it doesn't see 15-20 degrees. I gently warm the resin in a water bath before mixing; I've never had it remain liquid after 24+ hours, but I can sometimes leave a fingerprint when de-molding. If the exposure to cold didn't chemically alter the resin, is it possible it was a little too thick to mix properly? The Part A can get a little syrupy if not warmed. Sorry I can't be more help. Terry

Top Bottom