Have you ever seen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

08K.80

Have you ever noticed how a dragonfly or some beetles seem to change colors as the move?

Well..... These do just that.

They change colors as the move. They are similar to the "Petro" blanks I've made, but without the two week process.

I don't know why, but I'm attracted to this effect. I wanted to cut some of the outer material off to see if this one is worth spending the time to completely finish, so it's just been drilled and some material removed.
I think I might finish it.....

Here is one of the series of blanks that are called "Phase" blanks.
These go from purple to blue to teal. I wish I had Edstreet's photography skills for these.

Phaze1_zpsc2929609.jpg

Phaze4_zps745ace65.jpg

Phaze3_zps5d9c3119.jpg

Phaze2_zpsdf7e15e0.jpg

Thank you for taking time to look at these.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

08K.80

The outside looks very nice. What does it look like end-on?

I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean the appearance on the end of the blank, I had a couple of people say it resembles a black opal, like Ethiopian or Australian.
I'm going to play with that a little and see what happens.

Man they are unbelievable, I love them.

Lin.

Thank you! You would probably love them more in person. I stink at pictures.

Ambidex

Tell you what Kelly...send me a blank...I'll turn it and then send on to ANYONE with photo skills..would love to see that blank in real life:eek:..on second thought just visited your gallery..you turn it and send on to me:biggrin: and I'll send it to Ed:)

Last edited:

08K.80

Beautiful! I can't wait to see this finished. How many of these did you make?

I made two of these in this particular combination. I have others I will be making as soon as I get a chance.:wink:

Very nice. Is it in strips? Can't figure out the lines I am seeing.

They aren't strips, it's just mixed in and it has the effect throughout the blank. Even though I stink with a camera, the colors are pretty accurate. The pictures show a lot of purple with some teal, but the purple will turn to teal and the teal to purple and both have a touch of blue in between.

Top Bottom