Grizzly Pressure pot on sale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodgraver

The maximum pressure on this unit is 50 psi. I have a HF one that has a maximum pressure of 60 psi. Talking to others, there can be a need for at least 70 psi. I'm searching for one that can go to 100 psi, it will definately cost more than $59, but in the long run I bet you will be happier with a model that gives you more flexibility.

Jim

toyotaman

Is there really a need for that much pressure? I've never used one of these before but it would seem like 30-40lbs of pressure would work. You are just using the pressure to push the PR into the cracks of the waste wood and to remove air bubbles right?

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
It partly is dependent on exactly what you are casting and exactly what resin you are using. 30-40 is plenty for some things, while others say 60-70 is better for other things. "typically" it seems alumilite is better for what you are describing but some have made PR work just fine in that aspect so a quick venture to the forum library will get you way educated with a lot of available info.

woodgraver

I posted in this section about my problems with small bubbles forming when I cast cholla cactus using alumilite and the recommendation was 70 psi to fix my casting woes. I'm just saying even a used lower end Binks paint pot (80 psi working pressure) might be a better investment that this "deal".

sbell111

I posted in this section about my problems with small bubbles forming when I cast cholla cactus using alumilite and the recommendation was 70 psi to fix my casting woes. I'm just saying even a used lower end Binks paint pot (80 psi working pressure) might be a better investment that this "deal".

70 is way more than you need for that. I cast cholla at about 40 pounds with absolutely no bubbles.

It should be noted that bubbles are going to collapse at a certain pressure regardless of the object being casted.

Jim Burr

Banned
Donny, you may want to go the other way and use vacuum. -30 cmh2o, or PSI?...I think it was Curtis that did the test, but again, I could be way off! Anyway...vacuum did a better job of moving material at a reasonable pressure than trying to smash it. The pressure pot will have more applications though.

Top Bottom