PR casts 3,4 and 5 today

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lenny

Got a day above 50 degress ... barely .... so I did some more casting.
I'n not sure how I feel about the results yet .... I think I will withhold judgement until I have rounded a few over to see what's inside. :)

Attachments

• 3rdcastbsm.jpg
    3rdcastbsm.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 213
  • 3rdcastfsm.jpg
    3rdcastfsm.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 225
  • 4th-cast-bsm.jpg
    4th-cast-bsm.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 230
  • 4th-cast-fsm.jpg
    4th-cast-fsm.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 217
  • 5thcastfsm.jpg
    5thcastfsm.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 233
  • 5thcastbsm.jpg
    5thcastbsm.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 224
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RDH79

I dont know Lenny They all look good to me. Mine all the second color goes to the bottom. I guess I am to impatient to wait long enought before mixing.

ZanderPommo

I dont know Lenny They all look good to me. Mine all the second color goes to the bottom. I guess I am to impatient to wait long enought before mixing.

if youre impatient and want a sort of graffiti look then only wait for it to thicken very slightly (not yet gel stage at all) then pour a little of one color, a little of the second, a little of the first, a little of the second and so on, and swirl very slightly with a toothpick and WALK AWAY. ill post a pic of the result momentarily

Lenny

I waited a little too long on the bronze and green cast ... It was getting cold so I placed a light in front of the mix and got sidetracked ...it got pretty solid. Tried to poke and create holes for the second color to penetrate ... will know better after it's turned what kind of mix I got. :rolleyes:

I hope when it gets warmer it will be easier to judge when things are starting to gel.

ZanderPommo

SDC11884.jpg

Sorry Lenny I hope I'm not hijacking your thread here just thought some might like to know this, I love the looks of those slabs, especially the blue/green, i just recently did a 3 color that looked very similar

Brooks803

They all look great Lenny. Can't wait to see what's inside. Personally, I want to see what the last one will look like. The color combo in it is one of my favs! If you're happy with your results with that one....care to trade a bit with me?

Lenny

Zander, those are both VERY COOL!

Jonathon, I hope to round a few over tomorrow to see what they look like, I'll try to post more photos when I do.

Dana Fish

Lenny Those look good to me :)
I'm really liking that gold mix. If you need someone to test one out for you I'm game.

robutacion

Hi peoples,

Lenny, that way I like to make my mixes late in the evening and leave it alone...!

I get always very excited to get up and see the first part of what I've done, there is, remove the blocks from the mold and put them in the sun (when possible) for a few hours.

Is nearly impossible to tell exactly how they will come out, just by looking at the blocks, you have to cut the out and turn one round, finish it before you can see what you done...!:biggrin:

I get in troubles all the time, particularly with the wood & resin mixes, where I turn the sample a little too yearly, before the resin has time to cure, therefore, cutting and sanding can be a challenge but the worse part is, you finish the sample with the CA to a top flawless gloss, and the nest day or two, the resin and wood moved and the finish is ruined, making me do it again but this time I wait a few weeks before I do so.

One of the things I've learned is, take the pics immediately after the blank is finished, the pics would come out just right and if it has to be re-finished later, no hurry, you already got your results of how it looks like...!:)

Zander, those mixes of your's are getting pretty damn good, mate...!

Have you finished any of them yet...!:wink: just courious...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

ZanderPommo

Yea but only a couple and neither of these yet, been enjoying the casting a bit more than the turning these past couple weeks lol. I'll post up pics in the soyp forum as they're made:wink:

Hi peoples,

Lenny, that way I like to make my mixes late in the evening and leave it alone...!

I get always very excited to get up and see the first part of what I've done, there is, remove the blocks from the mold and put them in the sun (when possible) for a few hours.

Is nearly impossible to tell exactly how they will come out, just by looking at the blocks, you have to cut the out and turn one round, finish it before you can see what you done...!:biggrin:

I get in troubles all the time, particularly with the wood & resin mixes, where I turn the sample a little too yearly, before the resin has time to cure, therefore, cutting and sanding can be a challenge but the worse part is, you finish the sample with the CA to a top flawless gloss, and the nest day or two, the resin and wood moved and the finish is ruined, making me do it again but this time I wait a few weeks before I do so.

One of the things I've learned is, take the pics immediately after the blank is finished, the pics would come out just right and if it has to be re-finished later, no hurry, you already got your results of how it looks like...!:)

Zander, those mixes of your's are getting pretty damn good, mate...!

Have you finished any of them yet...!:wink: just courious...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Lenny

Here are a couple that have been rounded over to show what's inside.

Three different views of the same two blanks.

George, you are so right about looking forward to getting up the next day to "open presents" ...(round the blanks to see what's inside)!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Attachments

• castrnd1.jpg
    castrnd1.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 215
  • castrnd2.jpg
    castrnd2.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 212
  • castrnd3.jpg
    castrnd3.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 203

Lenny

Several views of one blank cut from the remaining cast.

Thanks for looking!

I don't know if it is "beginner's luck"...(although I suspect that is so) :)
but I do know I'm not suffering!!! :biggrin:

p.s. This is the one that I got sidetracked on... the first color setup while I was busy with something else due to the light I had placed in front of it for heat. You can see the results of waiting too long in that I didn't get a good blending of the colors.

Attachments

• castrnd4.jpg
    castrnd4.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 208
  • castrnd5.jpg
    castrnd5.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 204
  • castrnd6.jpg
    castrnd6.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 205
  • castrnd7.jpg
    castrnd7.jpg