Glass Vac

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KCW

Has anyone tried a vacuum chamber from glass vac? I ordered one last week and it is supposed to be here today. I am very excited to finally start stabilizing my own wood. I made the mistake of getting a setup off of Ebay, and it didn't work (wouldn't seal, and the pump was garbage). I got the pump that Curtis S recommended off of amazon, and one of these chambers. I probably should have asked before I bought, but I got excited and just ordered it. I considered a "juice proof chamber" from Curtis, but they are just too small for my liking, I have large hands and wouldn't even be able to reach inside the 4, inch and it would be tight in the 6 inch.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
What does your glass vac look like. I use one that looks similar to this one

vacuum desc.jpg

KCW

20160118_184809.jpg

This is the new chamber. I tried it out and it is fantastic. Night and day with the eBay one I had.

Kenny Durrant

Do you stabilize several blanks at once or just a few. Most of the time I do a few at a time so with a large chamber I would need quite a bit of juice. I was wondering if you use the whole chamber or put the blanks in a smaller container inside the chamber?

KCW

Do you stabilize several blanks at once or just a few. Most of the time I do a few at a time so with a large chamber I would need quite a bit of juice. I was wondering if you use the whole chamber or put the blanks in a smaller container inside the chamber?

I put the blanks in a smaller container inside the larger chamber. This way I don't need a lot of juice, but if I wanted to, I could stabilize something larger also. The biggest benefit, to me, is that I can fit my big ol' hands in there with no problem.

KCW

Dan

Was this the unit you originally bought??? I have been looking at this one.

3 Gallon Induction Ready Stainless Steel Vacuum Chamber Kit for Resin Silicone | eBay

Here is the one that I bought originally John

5 Gallon Vacuum Chamber and 3 CFM Single Stage Pump to Degassing Silicone | eBay

I don't have any experience with the one you posted, so I can't say if it will work, or not, but I do highly recommend the glass vac chamber that I have now. Another benefit of the one I pictured, is that the vacuum port is in the chamber and not the lid, so it makes things less cumbersome when getting in and out.

jttheclockman

Dan

Was this the unit you originally bought??? I have been looking at this one.

3 Gallon Induction Ready Stainless Steel Vacuum Chamber Kit for Resin Silicone | eBay

Here is the one that I bought originally John

5 Gallon Vacuum Chamber and 3 CFM Single Stage Pump to Degassing Silicone | eBay

I don't have any experience with the one you posted, so I can't say if it will work, or not, but I do highly recommend the glass vac chamber that I have now. Another benefit of the one I pictured, is that the vacuum port is in the chamber and not the lid, so it makes things less cumbersome when getting in and out.

Good point Dan. Did not think of that.

Top Bottom