Found cheap molds.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

samuel07

A while back I was on the hunt for some cheap disposible round molds to pour my own PR blanks and I think I finally found them.

http://www.mcmaster.com/

Look on page 1482 and check out the cut to length round tubing.
They have a .79 inside diameter and also a .93 inside diameter. The best part is you can get the plastic caps to go with them. At a $1.36 for a 4' length it's pretty cheap. Once the pour is set up you just pull the cap off the bottom and cut the tubing off the blank. I know PVC is cheaper but with the clear tubing you get better control over swirling in different colors.

Once I get a little cash I will be ordering some.

I use Mcmaster Carr alot at work and they always have my order the next day:):):)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
M

Mudder

Try a sample first.

I used some of the tubing that I got from work and the resin melted it before it set up. Had a nice mess on the shop floor.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by Mudder
<br />Try a sample first.

I used some of the tubing that I got from work and the resin melted it before it set up. Had a nice mess on the shop floor.

Scott, the difference is this tubing is purchased, not swiped from work!!! (Ducking and running for cover! [:D])

M

Mudder

Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />

Scott, the difference is this tubing is purchased, not swiped from work!!! (Ducking and running for cover! [:D])

Sorry to disappoint you William but I paid for it. I might be a little funny about stuff like that but I know that the company had to pay for it so why should I just help myself. That and having a security guard at the door [8D].

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
<br />
Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />

Sorry to disappoint you William but I paid for it. I might be a little funny about stuff like that but I know that the company had to pay for it so why should I just help myself. That and having a security guard at the door [8D].

Dang, you had to go and ruin my best zinger of the day. [:D] BTW, I loved the security guard line. [:D][:D][:D]

arioux

Hey,

These look a lot like the square pen tube that our supplier sells.

Anyone have tried to cast in one of the sqare tube. I don't have resin so i can't try but could work.

Alfred

elody21

Yes I have cast in pen tubes. It worked fine. I did have to turn the tube off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom