First cast. Pleasantly disappointed.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alxe24

The results on these 4 blanks are quite distant from what I had in mind. Therefore I am disappointed about that. On the other hand I think I can use them.
They are Alumilite clear under 60 pounds of pressure.
I would not mind to hear from you what your thoughts are about the looks of these plastics.
Thanks for looking, comments or sugguestions.
Alex

Attachments

• untitled-shoot-005-copy-2.jpg
    untitled-shoot-005-copy-2.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 432
  • Yellow w pruple.jpg
    Yellow w pruple.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 359
  • Green and metals.jpg
    Green and metals.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 351
  • Purple w Yellow.jpg
    Purple w Yellow.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 282
  • Black nd metals.jpg
    Black nd metals.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 290
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alxe24

Now that I look at the images that I uploaded I can see how the (magic of the compression) destroyed the quality and colors of what I uploaded.
Any how they resemble the originals quite well.

Kenny Durrant

I think you did a great job. Although you didn't get what you expected I don't think it was anywhere near a waste. I especially like the green and black one. Well done.

arioux

Well i have a big trash can here. I,ll even pay to postage for you if you want :)) These a defenitely usable. The second one looks great too. Hope you remember what you did wrong :)

alxe24

Thanks for your responses.
What I had in mind was to make 3 blanks, 2 of them Lakers kind of color palette. I wanted a yellow base and some purple, and the other one. The opposite, purple base with yellow accents.
The third one was going to be a black base and 3 accent colors( I k ow they are in there somewhere )
Now the one I like a lot ( the green one) was the yellow base one. Since the yellow was pretty bright I added one drop of black die to the mix and the yellow turned black with gold shimmer and then since it was already messed up I added a different accent color and ended up with the one I like the most.

gallianp

really very nice! I guess you do not like surprises -- when they turnout this nice just say "this is what I intended"

jbswearingen

Absolutely horrible. Just terrible. Especially that one that has a lot of yellow in it. You should send it to me. I'll be sure to turn, er, uh, dispose of it properly.

Kretzky

Maybe not what you wanted but imho they are very good looking blanks! I'd be more than happy turning something like those out.

Bob Wemm

I don't do pens yet, but I think they are all amazing. I especially love the 2nd & 3rd pic.
I would be very proud if I had made them. I do respect that perhaps they didn't turn out as expected, but hey! they are beautiful.
Some of my stuff doesn't work like I think it should but that is one of the best parts when you make something new, THE SURPRISE!!!

Bob.

underdog

I can see why you were pleasantly disappointed. They all turned out well despite not being what you were after. There are no pits that I can see, and the colors and combinations are great! I'd be happy to have any one of them.

alxe24

Well I don't know how to do the quote thing but... Thanks for all your responses, I hope I did not come across like I did not like the blanks. I did like them a lot even if they came up different that expected.
I'm looking forward to turn them and see the final pen.

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Alex: That's half the fun of it. Throw the stuff together and see what you get. Rest assured, if you don't like it someone else will. You never know what people are going to buy! :) Turn them and show us the results in SOYP!

I really like that gold and black one. Please show us the end result.

Levi Woodard
Woodardwoodworks.com

Sent from my Galaxy player using Forum Runner

Top Bottom