First cast ever completed today

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jpford

well, I spent last week getting my HF pressure tank setup & tested while I waited on an order of Alumilite from Curtis to arrive. Finally got to try out my first little casting exercise today. The good news is it worked. :)

The bad news is' I forgot about one important factor; level. I was attentive to every detail, got my mix all weighed up and mixed just right, carefully poured it into the mold and set the mold on the neat little multilevel tank tray I made yesterday. Carefully placed the tray in the tank...

It pressured up in a few seconds - no leaks. I carefully lifted the tank from the garage floor and set it on a nearby table so I could easily see the pressure gauge. In doing so, I forgot that the garage floor is sloped and that the table I set it on is not adjusted for that slope. :eek: 30 minutes later, i took it out and it was beautiful. Considerably thicker at one end than the other, but beautiful.

Ain't learning fun?

Joel

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Glad you enjoyed success on your first casting ! . Gonna show us the pen when it's made ?

jpford

Glad you enjoyed success on your first casting ! . Gonna show us the pen when it's made ?

OH! You assumed that the casting was THAT successful?? uhhm, no. I won't be turning any pens out of this first cast. :crying:

Top Bottom