Finally a success

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mranum

I have wanted to learn how how to cast feather blanks for forever it seems. So this winter apparently the stars aligned so it was time to give it a shot. Trying both labels and feathers. Lots of failures with each. But as they say you can't learn if without failures. LOTS of failures. :tongue:

I wasnt being overly selective on feather placement, more just experimenting with the process, but when this was finished I couldn't help but put a kit on it. :) Now lets hope I can replicate it.

Special thanks to socdad for all his help, and for everyone who has ever posted about this subject. Lots and lots and lots of reading here. :bananen_smilies046:

Matt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Congrats to many failures! Yup, they do lead to a refined skill.

Beautiful pen and blank, be proud.

mfarr79

Beautiful pen. I am a newcomer, but I am wanting to eventually cast/turn a feather pen and would appreciate any links to what helped you. I am new to this forum and trying to navigate my way around to info regarding this. Any help is much appreciated.

Kenny Durrant

Sorry but I don't see a failure. I think it looks great. Sure you probably could have done a little neater job of aligning the feathers but I wouldn't replace it. I think if you really care about what your doing you will often find things you would like to have done better or just different. This might be one of those for you but I wouldn't call it a failure. Great Job.

mranum

I probably could have worded it differently but what I meant to say was that after so many failures I finally had a success. It was the first one that actually turned out. Haven't had much time for the past couple weeks to do much casting but I ordered some new resins for me to try. Those came this week so I have some motivation to get rolling again. Now if it would just warm up and quit raining.

Top Bottom