Finally got a pot

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dale Lynch

Hey casters,what do you think of this pressure pot?It is a sears roebuck with a cast iron lid.It looks to have never been used.Do you think it will be suitable for casting? The label reads 60psi working pressure,the lid reads do not exceed 60psi.Your expertise would be appreciated.

Attachments

• DSCF3030.jpg
    DSCF3030.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 238
  • DSCF3031.jpg
    DSCF3031.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 200
  • DSCF3032.jpg
    DSCF3032.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 236
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbell111

The lid certainly looks like it's not going to flex, but the third pic looks like the pot is out of round. That would concern me.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I used a pot just like that for many years. That was a common pot back in the day and was sold by Sears, Montgomery Ward, and others and was made in USA. I would trust that pot at 60 psi all day and did for many years. I finally gave mine away to a friend in real need of a pot. I already had two Binks pots and he really needed one. I have wished I still had it many times over the years.

Last edited:

Dale Lynch

Thank you gentlemen for your input,I appreciate it.

Steve,I took your advice and went out and meassured around and it measures the same across from clamp to clamp.The only deviation is where the welded seam is.It is slightly larger there than between the clamps.I clamped the lid on and flipped it over and there appears to be plenty of gasket exposed around the rim.

Curtis,do you know if that is normal from your experience.Were yours like that?

Jim Burr

Banned
I used a pot just like that for many years. That was a common pot back in the day and was sold by Sears, Montgomery Ward, and others and was made in USA. I would trust that pot at 60 psi all day and did for many years. I finally gave mine away to a friend in real need of a pot. I already had two Binks pots and he really needed one. I have wished I still had it many times over the years.

Have the same one...fitting change was an issue, no doubt because I suck at plumbing! Works great and never an issue.

Top Bottom