Eureka! Finally "Resin Burl"!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ChrisN

Until we see these actually turned, we will have to assume it is really an actual wood burl that you tinted, then photoshopped. PROVE THEY ARE REAL!!

Nah, he probably was just playing with the drawing tools in Photoshop and came up with these... :biggrin::wink::biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ElMostro

Here are the pics of the turned blank

Sorry for the delay, here are the pics of the turned blank. Problems I found were; some voids in the blank, I used too many colors (for the next try I will use only 2 colors), some of the "burl" effect turns away (next try will attempt to make the burl effect deeper) color ratio was off (will use only 2 colors next time). But I am getting closer.
Let me know what you think, Eugene.

This is a pic of the unturned blanks:

Here are the turned pics. The blank is #1 (far left) from the pic above:

Last edited:

ChrisN

Wow, they look awesome! However, if you don't like them, I'd be glad to safely dispose of them for you... :biggrin:

Scruffy

My lathe is a great blank recycling system.

So if you want me to recycle these blanks for you, I would gladly volunteer. I'll even pay shipping. :)

ElMostro

So if you want me to recycle these blanks for you, I would gladly volunteer. I'll even pay shipping. :)

Thanks for the offer but I had 5 left so I included one as a "FREE-Mutt" in the first 5 paid orders on my current IAP ad, so those 5 lucky individuals will have a chance to try the first batch.
Eugene.

ironman123

A fine job on those blanks. I actually like the 3 colors. Waiting for some new color, 2 color, blanks from you in the near future.

Ray

Turned Around

Thanks for the offer but I had 5 left so I included one as a "FREE-Mutt" in the first 5 paid orders on my current IAP ad, so those 5 lucky individuals will have a chance to try the first batch.
Eugene.

HA! I was the first one on that ad. told you I had dibs on one of these

ElMostro

Eugene.

So, have any of the 5 "lucky folks" turn one of these yet? The one I turned had a few voids but CA and grounds coffee took care of that.
Eugene

Turned Around

Eugene.

So, have any of the 5 "lucky folks" turn one of these yet? The one I turned had a few voids but CA and grounds coffee took care of that.
Eugene

Not yet, no. I made 14 Zens Sunday, all with your blanks. The "Faux Burl" was going to be my next one, just didn't know what kit to put it on yet.

Top Bottom