Eureka! Finally "Resin Burl"!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Justturnin

SICK. You are a resin mad scientist. I may as well sell my stuff and walk away now to save myself from further embarrassment.....:worship:

jyreene

I'm pretty sure you need to send out some controls so we can tell you how it turns and finishes. I nominate this post and the 9 above it.

Awesome looking stuff!

JohnU

Looks Great Eugene! I tried that for a while and never even came close to what you have there. I love it! Congrats!

Sataro

You may have been working on this for a while, but the end results sure paid off! Fantastic looking blanks to say the least. Now just waiting to see a pic of a turned one.

Tim'sTurnings

Beautiful blanks I really like them. But, I do not like turning acrylics of any kind. I don't have the patience and wood turns so much better. But, nonetheless great looking blanks.
Tim.

mrburls

Eugene were you in my box of burled blanks when I turned my back :rolleyes:
But seriously those look awesome. Can't wait to see them in person at next meeting. I know you don't make many pens but I think you should bring a finished pen to show off.

Keith "mrburls"

ElMostro

I finally got one turned round today...it looks pretty nice but not exactly what I had in mind. At least now I know what I need to adjust. I will try to post some pics late today.
Eugene.

Haynie

Beautiful blanks I really like them. But, I do not like turning acrylics of any kind. I don't have the patience and wood turns so much better. But, nonetheless great looking blanks.
Tim.

This is interesting. My experience is exactly the opposite. Definitely NOT saying you are wrong. I just find acrylic/PR/other plasticy pieces of goodness much more controllable.

SteveG

Until we see these actually turned, we will have to assume it is really an actual wood burl that you tinted, then photoshopped. PROVE THEY ARE REAL!!

Top Bottom