Easy cast resin heating up...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ingo Schwartz

So I decided that I should finally do something with the resin I've had for a few months. I mixed part 1 and 2 together, added the color and poured.

I wanted something more in this blank so I added another color into the already blue mixture. Everything was going fine, popped the bubbles with a hair dryer and let it sit while watching Dr. Who, came back to it in about 30 minutes and the mold is really hot and getting hotter, I can also see some color patches in there, look like air bubbles but are not, it seems that the first color is trying to become more visible, by taking a mixing stick and moving it about really slowly they went away but keep coming back.

I now know I should not have mixed the other color in but why is it getting so hot ?

It's getting hotter by the minute and is almost to the point where I can not touch the bottom of the mold.

Any advice for this ?

Edit 1 - Is it a fire hazard ? should I throw it out ?

Edit 2 - I forgot to mention that I poured the resin first and I accidentally poured 3,15oz so I tried to get the same amount of hardener but got 3,20oz and I thought it would not be that big of an issue...

Edit 3 - It's at the point where it will not move when I lightly blow on it, maybe this is not such a big issue ?
Maybe I'm slightly panicking...

Last edited:

Ingo Schwartz

Phew! Thanks for that :)

On another yet the same note since I have this thread I might aswell ask another question...

My mold is 8cm high but the first pour only got to about 2cm. I want to keep building up until the mold is almost full with the same 2 colors.

How long do I have to wait until I pour the next batch ?
Does it have to be fully cured ?

Top Bottom