DON'T do what I did

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fordwakeman

I want to start out by saying DON'T do what I did. This is a Public Service Announcement, kind of thing. I was stabilizing some buckeye burl and was using Cactus Juice. I about had all of the bubbles gone, so I left them for a long soak, In the meantime the temps here in Kennewick Wa got to 100 degrees. I didn't think anything about it. But when I went out to put the blanks in the oven, total DIsaster. as you can see I totally borked my chamber, the resin had set and won't come out of my chamber. DANG IT!!!. Well I emailed Curtis O. Seebeck and asked him if there was anything I could do to recover my chamber. This is the amazing part of the story. Curtis informed me that there wasn't anything that could dissolve Cactus Juice and even if there was it probably would damage my chamber and wouldn't be safe to use. After a few emails back and forth, Curtis O. Seebeck is replacing my damaged chamber at a very LARGE discount. So what started out as a bad day has gotten better thanks to a man who goes above and beyond for his customers. Thank you Curtis. Again Cactus Juice says very clearly on the container to keep the activated Juice below 85 degrees at all time. (I do keep it in the Fridge) I just didn't think about the juice in the chamber during a soak. I know some of you are wondering if I should be allowed to use sharp tools and run a lathe, I'm wondering that too. Hopefully I can help someone not make the same mistake. This one was costly, (not as costly as when I glued my wife's DSLR camera to the table with CA, but that is another story). Shout out to Curtis O. Seebeck. Thanks again..

Attachments

• 20180706_090506 (Medium).jpg
    20180706_090506 (Medium).jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 360
  • 20180706_090502 (Medium).jpg
    20180706_090502 (Medium).jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 336
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom