Discovering Nail Polish

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

I have read where others have used nail polish for various purposes like sealing labels for casting and painting tubes. I was reluctant to try it for some some reason and only recently decided to try it. Now I see lots of possible applications for embedded castings.

It does have some draw backs. I walked into CVS during my lunch break the other day and bought 3 bottles in various colors. Unfortunately a co-worker walked in as I was checking out and spotted my purchase. Now the rumors are flying around that I am becoming Codinia. The other shortcoming is that it will dissolve certain coatings. Elvis was sealed with nail polish and the background for Marilyn is nail polish. The Marilyn stamp is older and the nail polish melted her face on my first attempt so I sealed her with watered down elmers on my 2nd attempt.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:

plantman

Cody; Been using nail polish for years now. It really works well, but you must give it time to dry or use a hair drier to speed up setting. I use a clear nail polish hardener to protect the softer polish finish and seal the ends of my barrels. If you have a Dollar Store near you, you can buy polish and hardener for $1 a bottle. Photos of several nail polish pens I made back in 2004 using metallic flake polish. Wife still carries and uses the silver one. Jim S

Attachments

• DSCN0698 (800x600).jpg
    DSCN0698 (800x600).jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 195
  • DSCN0701.jpg
    DSCN0701.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Top Bottom