devilbliss pressure pot (older)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

endacoz

I have the opportunity to buy a old beat up on the outside devilbliss pressure pot.

I currently use the harbor frieght pot and it is working fine but looking at the future.

This devil bliss is not any larger than the harbor frieght. I'll post a picture of one i found online that looks very similar.

Is it worth $50?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

endacoz

Pictures from online of one's that look like the one I am looking at

on the outside of the pressure pot it did say the maximum working psi is 80

Attachments

• m2pg2avHfHY45Ow2ZanevBA.jpg
    m2pg2avHfHY45Ow2ZanevBA.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 193
  • s-l300.jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:

endacoz

what should I be looking for? The outside looked beat up and dented, the inside had a liner and looked clean.

The store doesn't have attachments or ways to see if it holds pressure.

Has a guage. but one of the outlets / holes was open with no attachments

Brian G

It's still there. I left it behind last week, and again today.

The inside of the lid is severely rusted, flaking, and pitted. The fitting openings were corroded and caked with debris. The seal would have to be replaced to have any confidence that it would hold pressure. I would replace the pressure regulator, and the pressure gauge was cracked and only went to 15 psi. The outside is pitted and oxidized, and the bottom rim is bent.

I offered $25, but the guy said it was on consignment and his hands were tied. I asked if $30 loosened his hands a little. He repeated that his hands were tied, and he typically didn't contact consignees about lowering their price until a year goes buy without a sale, and it was only there for a few weeks. I pointed out that it was available since at least early March (i.e., this thread).

He then pointed out it was a top of the line brand. I suggested it might be top of the line new, but this one required too much work to make it look presentable and usable. I made one final offer at $35. He said he couldn't budge.

No sale.

Last edited:

stonepecker

Give it a month and then send in the real buyer. Tell Lynn to start at $35 and then start dropping the price back to $25. LOL Those wives are harder to deal with.

Top Bottom