Color changing casts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

08K.80

The temps. have been abnormally warm the last two days. It went from twenty below with wind chill a week ago to forty-six degrees today.

I took advantage of the warmer days and cast some of the new color changing materials I received about a month ago.

The pictures don't show much, they look solid colored. They looked really nice while I was mixing them in the resin. I tried to get good pictures of the ends, those seem to show more of the colors inside them.

I will try to cut some off of the outside to reveal what hides beneath and get some more pictures. They are still a little sticky right now.
Some of them look similar in the pictures, but they have different color changes.

First angle...
CG4_zps5a1cd66c.jpg

Different angle...
CG1_zpsa8f0ae00.jpg

Ends...
CG2_zps0b933240.jpg

CG3_zpsee1be7d0.jpg

Sorry for the poor pictures.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

08K.80

Where did you get the color changing material?

Good luck....that is one question that has been asked many times with no response......

Wish I could help......

Sorry... If I reveal my resource, it devaluates any pen that I might make from the casts, along with the casts themselves.

There are a lot of casters on here and it wouldn't be long before someone is selling blanks made with these materials. That is the reality of it.:wink:

08K.80

OK I will fold and let everyone in on the secret ingredients. That would be unicorn gas and pixie dust.

Close Ed, but it's mermaid scales melted down by dragon's breath and ends up a liquid rainbow. :wink:
The technical name: Fairy Wings...

You will probably see them in the next PSI and CSUSA catalogs now. :rolleyes::biggrin:

Last edited:

longbeard

Those look great.
2 questions
How long will the color last in these?
and are they one color in the sun and a different color out of sun light?

Harry

08K.80

Those look great.
2 questions
How long will the color last in these?
and are they one color in the sun and a different color out of sun light?

Harry

The color should last indefinitely. It's not any different from any other colors, other than they change.

They are the same colors in the sunlight as well as out of it. The sun does intensify the color or make it brighter just like with any other blank. The color change comes from the viewing angle. Tilting it will give a change, it's the source of the light that makes it change.
I will cut some off the outside and see if the inner part shows more of it. It's pretty cold right now and we have two snow storms headed toward us. It might be a few days.

Just to clarify: These are NOT the same as the "Petro" blanks I made. This is a different material.

Last edited:

longbeard

edicehouse

That link was posted before initially by Brooks if memory serves me correct. And I have given that link out to ones that have asked, especially since it has been posted here before.

08K.80

I've used changing colour powders/pigments etc here Products

That is where other members get theirs. I've been told from several people, that they aren't that good. I haven't tried them based on what I've been told.

I'm not saying these are better, since I haven't tried the other, but these aren't as nice as the "Petro" blanks either.:wink:

Top Bottom