Coin blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pencrazy

Just put some dimes in alumalight , then sanded on a disk sander . Only lost one coin out of 10 ,if I can find it in my shop 10 for 10 . Just go slow sand a little then let cool down . Next I'll try quarters and see if it works as well as the pennies did

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

The idea sounds good. The one that you lost, did the coin melt out of the alumalight or did you loose the whole thing? I've tried using two sided tape to stick it to corian and turn coins on the lathe. Worked ok at first but when the coins were getting thin the heat would build up and the coin would come loose. I've thought about trying to hook up a vacuume chuck but haven't done anything. How do you get the coin out of the alumalight. Will accitone disolve it the same as PR? Thanks for the information. I've been doing it all by hand with a dremel tool. Takes quite a bit of time. Thanks Kenny

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
It's impressive that Seamus can cut one of those coins in less than 10 minutes, blindfolded, and one-handed while playing the guitar...

....yeah.......and he doesn't even let his Irishness defeat him either !!:eek::biggrin:

....and I also reckon he even wears his undies on the outside and has a special flying cape too!!!:tongue:

seamus7227

It's impressive that Seamus can cut one of those coins in less than 10 minutes, blindfolded, and one-handed while playing the guitar...

....yeah.......and he doesn't even let his Irishness defeat him either !!:eek::biggrin:

....and I also reckon he even wears his undies on the outside and has a special flying cape too!!!:tongue:

While skinning a live rattlesnake with his teeth....

bahahahahaha!!

........and walking a tight rope!:biggrin:

While skinning a live rattlesnake with his teeth....

bahahahahaha!!

........and walking a tight rope!:biggrin:

In a sand storm....

lorbay

What are you saying Skip ?? He is super man!!!!!!!
So let's just see if you can get them as thin as Seamus. Lol:biggrin::biggrin:
Lin

Last edited:

mywoodshopca

Charlottetown, PEI Canada, Derby Kansas and Canyon
I can get them as thin as old laser eyes (Seamus) but I had to use the metal lathe and I can't do anything else at the same time.

I am sure you can at least tapdance while using the lathe.. you just need to discover your hidden talents.. :biggrin: It may be a great draw at some shows.. "hey, theres a guy over in the next isle tapdancing while turning pens"..

Top Bottom