Casting Magic- show us your very best blanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ZanderPommo

red with hologram glitter
SDC11183.jpg

and baby blue/baby pink with gold glitter in the blue and silver glitter in the pink
SDC11185.jpg

both were designed and mixed by the girly, cute half of the team

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
lookin pretty snazzy!! That red blank would look really cool on a red anodized kit!

lcasad

Excellent set of posts here, Thanks again everyone. I'm looking forward to the video and attempting to cast my first set of blanks. Time to make my next step forward into the hobby.

ZanderPommo

yeah hopefully I can make it as Informative as possible in the like 10 min I want it to be. If I can figure out how to cut and edit it I might make it like a two parter. Depends.
At least I have a cameragirl that should help. I don't want a resiny camera

ZanderPommo

got the video done just gotta figure out how to do it tomorrow (get it up on the interweb)
Also how would I go about posting a link to these videos in the library???

ZanderPommo

emerald green and white (the white looks blue on a black backround
SDC11195.jpg

and duchrome sparkle, and copper. we missed the goldylocks stage on this one and had to chunk it up, while i wish it were swirly its definately still cool.

SDC11194.jpg

Tony's Pens

Alex, what type of resin did you use. PR or some other type. If you mentioned it I must have missed it. You have done a great job. Maybe one day I will have my assistant help me. Well probably not. She is a School Teacher and she has mentioned several times that she enjoys dealing with kids all day, but really don't want to come home and help this 50 year old kid out in his playroom.

atomic ray

If it has not been used already, I would go with a name like Nebula for that one...looks like a section from a NASA stellar photo...sexy as heck.

Well done.

:bananen_smilies104:

Raymond

ZanderPommo

Where is the best pricing to get Silmar 41 Clear. Is Slimar 41 better than regular casting resin the comes from Michaels.

Thanks

silmar is cheaper by alot and ive heard that castin craft from michaels is more brittle.
for me a gallon of Silmar 41 from US COMPOSITES is shipped to my door from florida for less than $50

DozerMite

Banned
I don't care if you use the name, I was just mentioning that I had a blank by that name. I don't own the name.:wink:

PTownSubbie

Where is the best pricing to get Silmar 41 Clear. Is Slimar 41 better than regular casting resin the comes from Michaels.

Thanks

Tony, If you call around to various places that do boat repair, you might be able to find someone that actually sells the Silmar 41 locally. I buy mine for $33/gal and pick it up on my way home from work...

A few calls may save you several dollars!

Silmar resin is much nicer to turn than "Casting Crap" I mean Casting Craft from Michaels... It is really much more brittle than Silmar

ZanderPommo

Tony, If you call around to various places that do boat repair, you might be able to find someone that actually sells the Silmar 41 locally. I buy mine for $33/gal and pick it up on my way home from work...

A few calls may save you several dollars!

Silmar resin is much nicer to turn than "Casting Crap" I mean Casting Craft from Michaels... It is really much more brittle than Silmar

nice, imma look into that

Top Bottom