Casting with embedded items

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jimmyz

I would like to cast some pens with embedded items that are thicker than a "normal" casting would allow and am looking for good one and two-piece pens where the difference between the pen tube diameter and final pen diameter is big enough to provide space for the embedded items. Somewhere, I've read or been told that the Sierra Vista is a good one-piece pen. Does anyone know of some good options for two-piece pens? I would prefer roller ball pens vs fountain pens, if that matters. Thanks for the help.

jttheclockman

Jim look in the library under references and look for pen kit comparison charts. This was a massive undertaking that many had partaken in. It is there for all to see. It will compare the tube size to the bushing size and that will give you an indication what size the blank can be at it minimum state. Of course you can make the blank look pregnant and have a huge bulge and you can cast even larger items in that area. There are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many kits out there and some are clones of one another so have fun and take the time to check it out. By the way yes the Sierra Vista and all its clones are the largest single tube casting bonus that I know of but I do not check all the kits.

my point is look at the kits you want to use and see if they will accomindate what you want to cast. You can also look back at some other casters work and check out the kits they use and get a sense from that. Good luck.

Top Bottom