Casted, finally turned

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Turned Around

Went out with some friends last night. Got home late to some finally cured blanks. I couldn't let that go. Put on some coffee, some music, picked out a couple cigars, as it was to be a long night.

Not the best pictures, I know. I'll take better ones once assembled. The ones with the Asian "stamp like" feature, never again. I drilled and glued bamboo blanks for those, then turned them and sanded till they were quite smaller than the bushings. That way, once I glued the paper on and casted them, they would be fully encased. The bamboo left on the tube is pretty much veneer thin.

The others, I painted with Testors metallic model car paint. gives them a really cool shimmer. Once dried, I glued various fishing lures to them, then casted. I'm going to call that series Caribbean for the blue, and Everglades for the green. Thinking of doing a red metallic set for a "Red Sea" series.

All comments/questions welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Turned Around

those prints were given to me as a "thank you" gift when I sent another turner an envelope of cigar labels for his pens.

I turned the bamboo OD smaller than the OD of the bushings, glued the mini prints with CA, and casted.

Top Bottom