carbon fiber sheets

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ajthunem

am sure it has been asked but as a newbie i will ask again> where is a good place to buy carbon fiber sheets for wrapping and casting pen blanks??
thank you in advance

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

glycerine

You'll want to get carbon fiber sleeves instead of sheets. You can get them from various places on the net. I think I've ordered from Soller Composites before... can't remember for sure.

Bobalu

You'll want to get carbon fiber sleeves instead of sheets. You can get them from various places on the net. I think I've ordered from Soller Composites before... can't remember for sure.

Looks like Soller has it, but minimum quantities are 10 lb, if I'm reading things right. I assume the .250" size sleeve is the size to go with.

glycerine

Looks like Soller has it, but minimum quantities are 10 lb, if I'm reading things right. I assume the .250" size sleeve is the size to go with.

If that's the case, that's not where I ordered mine then. I only got 4 or 5 feet of it. Maybe US Composites...

Bobalu

If that's the case, that's not where I ordered mine then. I only got 4 or 5 feet of it. Maybe US Composites...

I went back and checked their pricing again. You are right. Smaller quantities can be ordered. I was looking at their wholesale pricing.

ajthunem

carbon fiber

ok now that i have a source, and thanks to all who chimed in, now i need some advise on what to do so i dont screw em up. if you please

PenMan1

I prefer the 3M backed sheets to the tubes. It is easier to get a perfect install, as long as you are mindful of exactly matching the seam. It is less expensive than the tubes, available in every color and much less complicated to degas.

Additionally, I you make a couple of "lap overs" you don't even have to cast it-simply CA FINISH.

I buy it from carbon fiber gear. Com

Last edited:

Bobalu

ok now that i have a source, and thanks to all who chimed in, now i need some advise on what to do so i dont screw em up. if you please

Do a search on this forum for carbon fiber. You will find several old posts that give some idea of how it's done. I did this last night and found several posts that helped. Don't expect to find a complete tutorial in these posts, just helpful hints to get you started.

Top Bottom