Can this be done?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eliasbboy

I am thinking about casting dried flower petals.

A few years ago my wife lost both her parents withing months of each other. It's been very difficult for her obviously. She kept flowers from both funerals with the idea of using them somehow. She has mentioned a few times about having them made into a rosary.

I was thinking about placing some around the pen tube in a "shingle" type overlap pattern. Possible wetting them first to make them pliable.

Two question if you please.

1. Does this sound possible, or has it been done already?

2. Is this just a completely awful idea that is tacky and/or morbid?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eliasbboy

I should add that I've searched and read some threads here that people had mixed results casting the rose petals mixed IN the acrylic, but I was specifically wondering about wrapping the pen tube and then covering with acrylic.

Katya

I can speak to the second question.. no, it's not tacky or morbid, as long as your wife wants to do this. Other things she could do include keeping the petals in beautiful glass ornamental apothecary jars (possibly even engraved). They could also be arranged in a shadow box along with photos of her parents, mementoes, etc... anything that's meaningful to her.
Best,
Catherine

eliasbboy

I can speak to the second question.. no, it's not tacky or morbid, as long as your wife wants to do this. Other things she could do include keeping the petals in beautiful glass ornamental apothecary jars (possibly even engraved). They could also be arranged in a shadow box along with photos of her parents, mementoes, etc... anything that's meaningful to her.
Best,
Catherine

Those are really great ideas! Thanks so much.

Top Bottom