Bread

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

Ok, I know, I'm asking a weird question. But!!! I am starting to make bread again because I love bread. So, my question is, has anyone ever cast bread?
Curt
ps. No flaming cause bread burns.:glasses-nerdy:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brian G

Yes. I cast some bread to Exotic Blanks, I cast some bread to Classic Nib, I cast some bread to Smitty's Pen Works, I cast some bread to Lazerlinez, I cast some bread to TurnTex, I cast some bread to IAP, and I cast some bread to other vendors.

I cast a lot of bread, and made a few pens from the castings.

:biggrin:

CREID

Yes. I cast some bread to Exotic Blanks, I cast some bread to Classic Nib, I cast some bread to Smitty's Pen Works, I cast some bread to Lazerlinez, I cast some bread to TurnTex, I cast some bread to IAP, and I cast some bread to other vendors.

You and I don't seem to be on the same page, however I would like to know where I can get some of your bread since I could really use some.:rolleyes:
Thanks for the reply, there has been so much negative posting on here lately that even though lame as it was, this was an attempt to lighten things up.
Curt

Brian G everybody...
Remember don't forget we have a two for one special on Veal, thank your wait staff by tipping them appropriately, oh and don't forget to fill out the comment card. Have a wonderful evening, good night...

Ok, I know, I'm asking a weird question. But!!! I am starting to make bread again because I love bread. So, my question is, has anyone ever cast bread?
Curt

I would have to say NO... macaroni, coffee beans, grape nut cereal. What is this fascination with casting food.
What would happen in you put water on a slice of bread? it would turn to mush. Now whatever casting medium you use, though not the same viscosity of water, you would still have mush...
But don't let me stop you from experimenting. you would have the answer to your question...

CREID

Curt

I would have to say NO... macaroni, coffee beans, grape nut cereal. What is this fascination with casting food.
What would happen in you put water on a slice of bread? it would turn to mush. Now whatever casting medium you use, though not the same viscosity of water, you would still have mush...
But don't let me stop you from experimenting. you would have the answer to your question...
Oh, I don't want to do any casting. I'll leave that to you professionals. But now that you have brought up the fascination with food.:glasses-nerdy: What about edible pens. Now there is a stupid idea if I ever heard one. And I'm damn proud to be the father of that idea.
Curt

pianomanpj

Moisture is the bane of casting, so you would have to dry out your bread. Casting some toast? I would think a nice rye or pumpernickel would look nice.

Mmmmmm..... baked goods...... :rolleyes::redface::wink:

nativewooder

I cast a lot of whole wheat bread for a long time until I retired. Cast it in loaf pans so I could go loaf somewhere else, returning later to bake said proofed bread loaves. Love that smell! Might do it again after this roaring summer heat leaves us! Good Luck!!! with your casting ideas!!!:biggrin:

Top Bottom