BinksPressure Pot Gasket

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ttpenman

I just picked up a Binks 2 ga. pot. Seems to be in pretty good shape, just have to add a gauge and valve.

Searched here and on the web and finally found a Binks gasket for about $15-24 + shipping. Just wondered if any of you have found anything else that woks as a gasket on these pots? I picked up a piece of neoprene and I'm going to see if my laser will cut it. If it works, I'll let the forum know. My first thought was to run a bead of silicone or RTV gasket material, let it harden up and see how that works. Might never get it apart!! I know some of these had leather gaskets. Wonder if I cut and fit a strip of leather, sealed at the join with RTV?

If anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

Thanks,

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Smith

Jeff,

I'm actually in the same boat, looking for a new gasket for my Binks Pressure pot. Would you mind sharing the site where you found the gasket for you pressure pot?

Thanks

Jim Smith

ttpenman

Make sure you have the right size. Below are 2 gal and 2.8 gal pots. Here are the three I found today. Just change the DOT to a period in the address. You can just cut & paste into your browser.

If you can wait a day or so, I'm going to try to cut a gasket out of neoprene on my laser. Not sure how well it's going to work, it cuts very slow. I'm just cutting out of cardstock right now to hopefully get the right size. I have a 2 gal. pot.

If you live in a city large enough to have an auto body supply company, someone mentioned that they got a gasket through them. Might be worth a try.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

http://www.autorefinishsupplyDOTcom/Binks-Gasket-For-2-Gallon-Pressure-Pot-p/bks83-1419.htm

http://www.leepattersonDOTcom/paint...-binks-head-gasket-2-gallon-pressure-pot.html

http://www.finishsystemsDOTcom/binksgaskets.html

melski

What size (ID, OD and thickness) do you need. Also, what temp and pressure does it need to withstand and what is the chemical resistance needed.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
YOu might check with a local painting contractors supply store. WE have a Sherwinn Williams down here that carries all sorts of parts for Binks and other manufactureres. Paint Spray guns, Pressure Pots etc.

clapiana

I got my binks on Craigslist and it needed a gasket. I think I went to the binks site and it pointed me to a reseller that was in MA. They asked for the model pot and it showed up that week. I wouldn't play games with the gasket get the correct one for your pot. It cost me almost as much as I paid for the used pot but it will last me my lifetime.

Top Bottom