Best glow powder

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

spitfire

What's the best glow powder out there? I've used glow in the dark nail polish. Works ok but I've seen better results. Is strontium aluminate powders the way to go? I want bright as can be for the longest duration possible.

I've also tried using the glow flakes used for epoxy flooring but again not the greatest results. Casting in PR if that matters. Thanks for any input.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

spitfire

No input on glow powders or liquids for that matter. I'm sure somebody had to be using glow in their resin. I see a lot of things made in day glow and my searches and yielding nothing this far.

CREID

I used to work for an ink company. What I can tell you is that when someone wanted something like that from us, I used to tell to call one of our competitors, because none of them ever worked very well for us. Sorry I couldn't help you more.

Curt

jttheclockman

79spitfire

I've played with some of the glow in the dark, and found the best colors from "Slice of the Moon". I think it's intended for use with makeup. The powder is very fine and can be mixed to form an even color (not grainy). The orange and green are especially nice looking.

I did find that pouring with a darker primary color will obscure the glow. I tried black and green. The black overpowered the green and I got almost no glow.

It was a fun experiment, but unless your market includes a bunch of kids (mine doesn't) it may be hard to sell. (YMMV, Good luck!)

Top Bottom