Alumilite question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Airbear77

I am sorry if this has been asked a million times, but what is the best way to buy the gallon size alumilite for blank casting? Is it best to buy it online and pay shipping or do I just find a dealer on their website and order through them? Also, if I must buy online, I would prefer to support an IAP vendor if someone would point me in the right direction. Thank you, Aaron

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Marko50

Ditto to what Monty said. Also, by purchasing direct from Alumilite guarantees you'll get the very freshest product. When I was first trying out AL I bought a 32 oz. bottle from a local hobby shop. The part B was very yellow. I just thought that was how it came. Not so. My next order was direct from Alumilite and I couldn't believe the difference in color. Granted, that's not a big deal if your adding dye and pigments to it but if you're casting clear, believe me, it's a big deal.

HamTurns

Hi Airbear77 - Like others have said wait until the bash starts, and buy your Aluminite directly from them on the internet.

The "bash" starts in February as an annual event in celebration of another fine IAP year in existence.

Last year Alumilite gave a 20% discount, which amounts to a lot of savings on the gallon size. I bought the whole colored powder line with the discount too, great deal.

Happy Turning
Tom

Top Bottom