Alumilite Powder Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

I've used mica powder in alumilite with somewhat mixed results. I'll use it now only if it's not the primary color of the blank. Mostly I use dyes to get the colors I want. The look of the mica isn't anything like it looks in PR. So I'm wondering if the alumilite powder will give better results, or is the powder just mica powder packaged by alumilite?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

reiddog1

I use pearlex in alumilite clear and it works fine for me. I also use a combination of alumilite dyes with the pearlex to alter the color slightly and have no issues at all. What type of mica powder are you using and what formula of alumilite?

Dave

BSea

I guess I should clarify my statements. There is not a problem with the blanks, just that how the alumilite swirls the colors with the mica doesn't look nearly as good as PR. At least to me.

I'm using clear alumilite, and mica from a variety of vendors including Coastal Scents & pearlX. As long as I use a dye for the main color, I'm happy with the results. But if I use 2 or 3 colors of mica powders like I do in many PR blanks, the results are less than what I had hoped for. I'll see if I can find an example & post it.

What I really want to know is if the powder from alumilite is the same as mica powders from places like coastal.

Top Bottom