Alumilite & PolyResin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

79spitfire

They are a completely different chemistry. You might be able to use the Alumilite dyes in PR, but I don't think mixing Alumilite, and PR is going to accomplish anything positive. What effect are you trying to achieve? There may be an easy way to do it.

robutacion

Will PolyResin and Alumilite poured into each other harden?

Well, I don't have the answer to your question but, I would be very interested to know what the result would be. Infact, I very curious about the possibility that something very strange and workable, could come out as a result.

I'm trying to think if the 2 resin types would separate after mixed and before setting, both resin have a different curing time and process but, I don't think that, they would separate, maybe become clumpy and that would be a magnificent way to create blanks that would be possibly different than anything you know.

I may order a small 1lt tin of Polyurethane resin from my resin supplier, as I only use Polyester and try it myself, if no one here is willing to do it...! I betcha that, a few blokes will rush to try it themselves, just in case if turns out a great idea and claim that, was their idea. I will be watching this closely now that I stirred the pot...!
Cheers
George

Last edited:
Top Bottom