alumilite Help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pen Man

I just bought about $650.00 worth of alumilite and haveing fun. BUT I want to make what I call Zebra blanks black with white stripes swirled.
I just trided my first one with the alumilite black and i then poored in alumilite white 2oz with about 4 drops of alumilite white dye, then swirled, then hf presure pot for half an hour removed and it only had a little white swirle on top and the blank was more of a gray then dark black.

Also I bought real fine glitter, no mater how much I dump in you mite only see a few of them

Bellsy

If your using glitter your medium needs to be transparent to translucent so that you can actually see the glitter. If you use pigment it provides a better effect regardless of whether the medium is transparent, translucent or opaque.

Dave

workinforwood

Ditch the dye, use white oil paint. Stick the Popsicle stick in the paint for a nice generous portion of paint.

Wait till the two colors get warm in the cups before you pour. This way the colors won't blend much and if one is heavier than the other it won't have time to settle out before it sets. The cup with white paint in it will get hot fastest, so mix that second. If you use white paint and black paint, they will heat about the same speed. Rustoleum small cans at ace hardware work good, oil base, $4.99 a can, lasts a long time.

Top Bottom