Alumilite Clear - Slow question (Yellow)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dbechtol

I have been using Alumilite Clear for several months. Last month I accidently purchased the slow and have not had any luck with it. The liquid itself has a yellow tint to it. Is that normal? When I try casting with it, the castings come out a little foggy. Before I toss it out, I want to make sure I am not missing something.

Only one of the bottles has the yellow tint. I think it is A. But I can check when I am at the shop and post a picture if it helps.

Thanks,

Dave

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tkbarron

The color is normal. I believe part A is a little yellow but when mixed with B the combined parts turn clear. Just make sure you stir the two parts vigorously for 30 seconds to a minute before casting.

dbechtol

Thank you,

I am measuring by weight. I have been through several gallons of the regular alumilite and not had any issues. It is only the slow clear that has given me problems. After looking at the bottle again, it is more of a brown tint, not yellow. I will try it again this week. Maybe Ill try it with an added color for a bottle stopper, and continue using the regular clear on my label casting projects.

Thanks,

Dave

tkbarron

Thank you,

I am measuring by weight. I have been through several gallons of the regular alumilite and not had any issues. It is only the slow clear that has given me problems. After looking at the bottle again, it is more of a brown tint, not yellow. I will try it again this week. Maybe Ill try it with an added color for a bottle stopper, and continue using the regular clear on my label casting projects.

Thanks,

Dave

That doesn't sound right. It should have a light amber tint to it and when blended with part B it should look clear. I'm with Tim, I think you may have some old or perhaps tainted resin.

dbechtol

I bought it at turntex. I just mixed a batch, the a part is a light brown when mixed with the a it is a light yellow. It's in the pot now, I will see the results in a few hours.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom