Air Pressure Switch

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vtgaryw

Does anyone have a recommendation for an air pressure switch? I want to be able to automatically turn my compressor hooked to my pressure pot on and off. Most of the cheap ones I see on eBay are meant to be used on compressor tanks, so they're set at like 95 psi min. I'd want one I could use down in the range we usually pressure cast at.

Thanks,

Gary

More4dan

You could use an adjustable regulator to set the pressure. It opens if the pressure falls and closes as it reaches the set point. It should give you better control than a pressure switch and you all ready have one on your compressor.

Danny

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

vtgaryw

Well, that's way too simple... :)

Not sure why I was thinking of something more complicated.

Thanks,
Gary

dogcatcher

I had thought of doing this, but I never got around to doing it. But if I do I would go to the guys that work at a local compressor pump repair place. Tell them what I want to do and before I could finish they would probably have spent my money on parts and showed me how to do it.

They would have had their crazy moment for the day, and probably laugh about their crazy customer request for a few days. The place is where I bought my first tank, when I told then what I was doing, one of the service guys literally set it up right there at the sales/service counter. It had a combo pressure and vacuum gauge etc. ready to do both vac and pressure.

Top Bottom