4 colour pour system (Pic Heavy)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Absolutely Bonkers and Brilliant at the same time. :biggrin:

I'm guessing the rods act as plugs? Can they be operated independently to control flow?

Last edited:

WIDirt

I'm impressed....

I don't cast, so I just get to look at all the neat casts everyone else makes. In this particular case, I think you just hit the ingenious factor 9! If you need someone to test turn any of those, I'll take one (or more) for the team, so no one else has to suffer through them.....:eek:

They look outstanding!

CdirtO

ugrad

That looks promising Eric, how about cleaning it out? The blanks look great. Was there any problems with the pour? Did the 4 rods act as a plug/brake for the resin?

regards
Peter

PTsideshow

Looks like a winner, and something that you can duplicate with yorker spouts and cheapo plastic bottles will have to go down in the shop and check the recycle numbers on the batch I have in the shop.
:clown:

ericofpendom

Hi all, thanks for the comments. The rods do act as stoppers, and I suppose they could be worked independently but that's not my aim. I forgot to mention that I put 5oz in each tube and managed to pour 17 blanks, not bad. I didn't bother to try and clean the tubes as once the resin cures it won't be a problem.

Eric...

ugrad

I have been in the garage looking for all those dried out fillers and silicon sealers. I still need to practice mixing colours that will go together, but I see the day when your 3 and 4 colour system will be invaluable to me, so I may as well start to knock one up.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards
Peter

Fred

I Have been wanting to get into casting for some time now and this looks interesting and has re-sparked my interest.

Instead of using the cartridges I just might have to use the ole Walmart version ... you know, the squeeze bottles used for ketchup and such. They are cheap and easy to get.

The rods used as 'plugs' can also be used independently and lifted one at a time - or all at once obviously.

Gluing all four tubes together is the trick I believe as that way your hands are free to do other tricks like turning the receiving vessel as it fills, etc. Just let your minds wander a bit and the end results are endless.

On yea, did anyone mention the what importance of TEMPERATURE CONTROL to handle some of the mixing that occurs? (Did you ever pour milk or thick cream into a glass of coffee and watch the 'mixing' that happens. Some of the 'smoke' seen in pictures is milk being poured gently into very still water and photographed from the bottom looking up ...!) Try it!

Top Bottom