1st try - not quite what I was hoping for.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bob Wemm

When Kelly ( 08K.80 ) posted her "Oily" look-a-like Blank, I had an idea, using something that my Wife uses to get a similar effect. The material I used shows fabulous refraction until it is embedded in resin, then 90% of the refraction disappears.:mad:

However, I think there is still room for a bit more experimentation with this material. There are a number of things that I probably did wrong, so here's hoping for a better result next time. I guess for a first attempt they are not too bad, but they could be a lot better.

The photos have been slightly manipulated to highlight the colours.:biggrin:

The left tube is for a Sierra, and the pair are for a Cigar.

They are clear cast and sanded to 1800 then buffed.

Any feed back will be greatly received.:)

Bob.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 281
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 261
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 251
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Most interesting looking blanks you made, mate...!

I don't know exactly how you visualised them or, what could have been different, that only you can tell but, from where I'm seating, they will make some pretty pens that under sunshine, should show amazing coloured reflections, well done...!

Creativity is a funny thing, hey Bob...???

Cheers
George

Bob Wemm

Bob, those really are fantastic in my book. What were your first wanting?
Be happy, make pens.

Ray

The material I used shows a multitude of colours depending on which angle you view it from. I was hoping to duplicate that, but the resin dampens the light refraction so there is very little color change. Or maybe it is because the material is wrapped around the tube???????

Bob.

Top Bottom