1 gal size Alumilite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

reiddog1

I do not cast blanks on a large scale, but do enjoy casting my own blanks. I love using Alumilite, but am really frustated that it only comes in 2 gal / 32 oz / or the 16 oz amounts. The 16 oz is a teaser amount for me, so I will not even consider it. The 32 oz will only last a week or two, but part B tends to start gelling right as I'm finishing the bottle (even though I keep it in the house so it stays warm). The 2 gal is too much for me and part B definately gels before I use it all. Why in the world is it not offered in a 1 gal kit. That would be sooooooo perfect!! Maybe we can stir the pot enough that Alumilite would offer a 1 gal option. Is anybody with me or am I alone on this one? What do ya think?

Dave

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I would agree with you. Warm water does help with the gelling thing. The last batch I had I had to strain it because it had some small chunks in it that wouldn't mix in no mater how long I stirred. Also a one gallon total mix wouldn't be such a shock to the pocket book.

Justturnin

When you order split it in smaller bottles. Get that Bloxagen they sell and cover the stored resin w/ it, it is the same as what is used to preserve wine so if you can source it locally. It will help keep it for much longer. If you were closer I would sell you a gallon from my big containers.

Bugmerc

I agree also, I'm in the same place as you Dave. The 32oz goes fast but jumping up to 2 gallons I'm sure I would waste some.

2 64oz bottles would be excellent!

Maybe Cactus Juice man can use his connections!!:biggrin:

Top Bottom