$100 casting tutorial interest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TXPhi67

Is it done yet? I can't find it in the library. :)

Just giving you a hard time.

I say go for it, I'd love to see it. You've already offered me some guidance on the subject and I think a formal tutorial would be awesome!

Take care,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
Nope, Not done yet... But soon! I already have the rough draft text finished. Just gotta clean it up, and add a picture or two for good measure!

I am just glad i am able to contribute to the collective! For a long time i have been the one with all the questions!

mtgrizzly52

I'd definitely be interested and appreciative of the time and work you would put into the tutorial.

Thanks for considering doing this.

Rick (mtgrizzly52)

CHEF

is there anything in your tutorial with out the p--pot they cost a arm and leg in the UK, looking forward to it.
------------------------------------------Brian---------------------------------

workinforwood

Is it done yet? I don't see it in the library yet.:confused: If it is casting for under a hundred bucks, do we get color photo's or black and white? Do we have to grow our own dreads so as to save money on things to be cast?:bulgy-eyes:

TXPhi67

Ron's not replying anymore to my PMs or to questions on this post. I wonder if that means the tutorial is done and he is up loading it to the library. I check every 5 min and haven't seen it yet.

Do you think someone should call him and check to see where he is on posting it?

The dreads thing worries me. What about members who are bald and can't grow dreads? Does that mean they will have to pay for the tutorial? I wonder if that is figured into Ron's "under $100" statement?

On that note - if it winds up costing more than $100, will you (Ron) reimburse us for the difference? After all, the title does give the tutorial an implied guarantee.

I'll check back in another 5 minutes. Hopefully it will be done.

Thanks,

RAdams

Banned
no no....

No guarantees, Implied or otherwise. We are (mostly) men talking about tools. Any one of us could easily go to home depot for masking tape, and come home with a new saw or something. YMMV on the price...

And the dreads actually help me! I dont buy shampoo anymore, so that is like an extra $3 a month i get to spend in the shop!!

I just need to take some pics to help explain my pouring technique, which kinda goes hand in hand with my "po folk casting" techniques and the tutorial will be finished.

I will likely finish it up tonight, and send it to Keith.

RAdams

Banned
I'm in!! I am still waiting on the guitar lessons also, or did I miss that?

Yeah, sorry. I already did that, and gave it out to a bunch of people. I dont know if i still have a copy or not. I will look.

RAdams

Banned
Wow...no shampoo for Ron, and socks born in 1972 still worn by Roy...no wonder everyone is evacuating Oklahoma!

At least i dont live in a trailer!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I dont use shampoo:eek:. That doesn't mean i don't use soap:rolleyes:. I wash my hair with ivory bar soap. It is the purest soap i can find that doesnt have a bunch of conditioners and junk in it. The idea is to keep the hair dry. Not dry from moisture, but dry from conditioners and such. The less crud you have in your hair, the faster the knots will form:biggrin::biggrin:.

It is actually detrimental to not wash your hair if you are growing dreadlocks. The natural oils on your nugget will keep the hair from knotting up.

I think the common confusion comes from the fact that it is also bad to wash your hair every day. You would wash all the knots out. Some people wash twice a week. I rinse my hair daily and wash once a week. I also keep my hair covered in the shop or mowing or whatever, and i have a spray that smells good and helps the locks form. Some people go as long as a month or two without washing. Just depends on your hair type and how old your locks are, and how active you are etc. etc.

You also don't want to grow dreads if you live in a trailer:biggrin:. Your neighbors will smell your dreadlocks and think you are an aspiring chemist or something:tongue::biggrin:!

Now you know more about dreadlocks than you ever wanted to!:biggrin:

RAdams

Banned
WOW! With all this anticipation, I just might get a vote or two for sweetest new tutorial at next year's bash! How cool would that be!

RAdams

Banned
Hey Wizard, the tutorial is posted in the library manager forum. There are also a couple of links to it here in the casting forum somewhere.

65GTMustang

I have been searching info on how to get started all afternoon?
So I purchase one of those 10 - 15 pen kits that the normal suppliers sell?
What would you reccomend and where would you reccomend I purchase my starter kit from?
Thanks very much

Padre

Get started casting or get started turning pens?

I have been searching info on how to get started all afternoon?
So I purchase one of those 10 - 15 pen kits that the normal suppliers sell?
What would you reccomend and where would you reccomend I purchase my starter kit from?
Thanks very much

Top Bottom