$100 casting tutorial interest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
I have been thinking about writing a tutorial on casting. Well, More like casting for poor people! I was thinking of writing a tutorial called "Getting started casting for under $100". Before i run around taking pics and all that business, I wanted to get a guage of the interest. If there is any interest, I will go ahead, but if nobody cares, then i won't bother.:biggrin:

THANKS!

Ron

jbostian

I think there would be interest in it. I am working on getting started on the cheap right now. For the most part I think I have all the info I need but it never hurts to have more info or learning another approach.

Jamie

I would download it, print it and read it!!
I hate reading stuff on the computer... old school!
Also add it to my collection of stuff to do lists!!

All these tutorials will benefit someone in the long run!!!

Andrew

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Ron, I'd definetly be intersted, as this is on my list to do before the end of the year. I actually think a lot of people would enjoy knowing how to get started casting for cheap.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Ron,

When you write tutorials they become available to future members. Most of the "stuff" you have read in the library was written before YOU were a member. The IAP lives on.

So, yes, the time is worth the effort, if you are willing to do it.

louisbry

I would like to see a new tutorial since I plan to start casting. I buy all the stuff but never take the time to start! Too many things going on.

mervyn

I would like to help in any way I can, if you take a look at my website you will see that I cast a lot of different colours and effects and I'm sure that I can be of some help with this.

Here's the site anyway you will see that all the blanks are cast by me.

www.ukpenkits.com

you may also want to look at www.turnedwood.co.uk and view the apples that I have turned from PR.

Hopefully I can help

Regards Merv

David Keller

Get started already! I've got a hundred bucks burning a hole in my pocket... I just need to know what to do with it(before my wife finds out I've got it!).

steeler fan1

$100 casting tutorial

I want to learn to do casting and have been shy about getting started. I can use all the help available. Very worthwhile project. Looking forward to the finished project.

TIA

Carl

Mark

I'd be interested in reading a new tutorial.

The Cactus guts are awesome. I'd love to see your way of getting there and saving a few dollars too. :biggrin::biggrin:

Papa mark

I would be very interested in reading that. I quit turning for about a dozen years and then I found this site and started back. My wife says that I'm obsessed and I told her I was learning all over again. This stuff wasn't out there 12 years ago. casing is on my to do list.
Papamark

RAdams

Banned
WOW!

I better get to work then for sure!!

I expected a post or two of someone interested, but never 4 pages! SWEET! I will start on it today, and wrap it up in the next few days. I will email it to our trusty Library Manager as soon as it is finished. This is gonna be fun!

Top Bottom