"My" company's pen!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevers

Hey Gang,
Last night I printed up the labels, today I laid them on the blanks, after I painted the tubes flat white. Right now the CA around the ends is drying. As soon as they are ready, I'm going to mix and pour the resin.
I am going to cast two lower barrels with the name on them and one upper, in case I don't like the upper. I also have a couple of tops from the prototype Seahawks pen that I can use if I choose.

Wish me luck and I should have an update late tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

2007826205625_Company%20Pen%20600.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

great12b4ever

Great idea. Hope it works for you, then maybe I can "buy" some cast blanks with our company name in it[}:)][}:)][}:)]

Rob
PS Our companies name for LOML & my craft show things is " My Honey Made It."

Firefyter-emt

Nice job Steve.. What are you using for lables?? E-mail me if you want to keep it to yourself. [;)]

This could open a wide range of custom ideas... I might just have some work for you if this works out well. Drop me a line when you get a chance. [;)]

stevers

Thats funny Rob. Steve, I'll keep you posted. Lee, I'll E-mail you later.

Here is the latest progress. It's still a little soft. Most likely wont be able to turn until tomorrow night.
So far it looks great. No bubbles, water clear, the ends look good. Hope theres no resin in the tubes. We'll see.

I'll keep you posted.

20078270248_Co.%20pen%20in%20resin%20600.jpg
<br />

stevers

We'll see Bruce, what do you think? The seam still needs work. I realize I cant install the labels in the shop. It's not clean enough out there. That I will start doing in the house where I can control the cleanliness factor. There is also a couple of little spots on the paper. Those stick out like a sore thumb when you get down to the polishing stage. Over all I am very happy with my second photo cast, first white background photo cast. I learned some things and thats whats important.

OK, here it is, what do you all think???

200782724131_The%20Company%20Pen%20600.jpg
<br />

I realize the picture is a little dark. It's hard to take this one without the white section washing out. I have some other lighter ones if anyone wants to see them.
Thanks for looking.

Stevej72

Steve, I think you did an excellent job on it. I like the solid color on the upper barrel. I did mine on a Sierra because I couldn't figure out what to do with both barrels. I found that I had to be real carefull with the seam because it would pick up the smallest amount of dirt and you end up with a dark line. A customer who bought one of my water main pens asked for a quote on 10 logo pens to give as recognition awards. Keep up the great work!

stevers

Hey Steve,
I haven't done a Sierra yet. I would like to start working with them. I like the one barrel idea. The thing that has always scared me is the drilling. But I have that part pretty well under control now, so it shouldn't be a problem. Maybe thats something I'll order in my next parts order. Congrats on the request for 10 units, thats a nice one. My largest order was 3 at once.
The upper barrel is color matched as close as I could get to the lettering on the lower barrel. I realize the pen is a little plain looking, but as with most of my work lately, it's an experiment. I also consider it practice. Every time I cast something, I learn something.

RONB

Passed Away Jan 17, 2011
In Memoriam
Nice looking pen and art work. I never know where to place those kind of things on the pens.Beside the clip, on the back side of the pen,or aligned with the clip? I've had a few engraved and put it on the upper barrel beside the clip.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Looks good from here too Steve. I think as a show of good faith, you need to send one each to the other Steve's on IAP. I'm sure SteveJ72 would love one and did I happen to mention that MY real name is Steve too. [:D][;)] I haven't had a chance to get anywhere near my pot for ages[:(]

Firefyter-emt

Great photo for your website Steve, but you might play with a diffrent font. It appears to be exactly the same as the pen itself. I think a font change might bring out the pen a little better

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Looks very good to me. I'm impressed with your progress. I like the web site art work. Should bring in some business.

stevers

Hey Mark, you have to change your name to Steve first.[8D] And thanks Steve, to bad your pot has been neglected. It's a lot of fun once you get past the initial fear of waisting resin and money. I probably only lost about 8 onces in the beginning.
Ron, I wasn't really concerned about lining up the text with anything. Thats another benefit of using the lower barrel. Only thing I use the clip for is to cover up the seem on the upper barrel.
Hey Lee, sorry I haven't gotten back to you yet, I'll drop you a line later today, after the gym.

Thank you all for the wonderful comments. It means a lot to hear so much positive feedback. Now I have to decide what to put in the next one. Think it needs to be a picture, maybe of one of our dogs. We'll see.

MarkHix

I like the pen alot. The last photo looks to me like a good business card. Maybe even for special customers where you were trying to capture a corporations business or special event marketing....anyway, food for thought.

gothycdesigns

Stevers, this maybe a stupid question. But first I heard that plugging the end of the tubes with a potatoe. So then in your picture above, when you go to cut these out, are you cutting close tothe tubes, basically thru the potatoe plugs?

I am starting to get into the resin casting for blanks or tops for stoppers and was curious. I've read some stuff on here and other sites about PR blanks, so I was trying to make sure I was figuring it correctly or not.

Thanks,
GD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom