Auction - Member Mug #1 or #150 - COMPLETE

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
AUCTION: 2018 Numbered Mug, #1 or #150 Ends around 5pm ET 2/17

The winner of this auction gets to own either mug 1 of 150 OR 150 of 150, their choice. The one not chosen will go into the mug archive for auction at some future time. (Certificates of authenticity included, of course)

attachment.php

The winning mug will be accompanied by your choice of 1 pound of either milk or dark chocolate from Malley's Chocolate, a Cleveland icon for 80 years.

choc.JPG

Attachments

• 1-150-2018Mug.jpg
    1-150-2018Mug.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 764
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Hellloooooooo, anybody in hereeeee?

Not for nothing there is going to have to be a better incentive than these mugs in my opinion. I do not think numbered mugs means anything. I believe we pick mug numbers at least I do to make sure I get a mug for the year and helps Jeff with numbers. What difference is it if it is #1 or #2 There is no value to it other than bragging rights if that means anything. Just stating an opinion so don't shoot the messenger. Now if someone has all #1 or #150 since this started then you may have something but if I recall they were not numbered at the beginning. just trying to respond to this question.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member

Not for nothing there is going to have to be a better incentive than these mugs in my opinion. I do not think numbered mugs means anything. I believe we pick mug numbers at least I do to make sure I get a mug for the year and helps Jeff with numbers. What difference is it if it is #1 or #2 There is no value to it other than bragging rights if that means anything. Just stating an opinion so don't shoot the messenger. Now if someone has all #1 or #150 since this started then you may have something but if I recall they were not numbered at the beginning. just trying to respond to this question.

If memory serves, the 5th year was numbered, and then not again until the 10th. Then again for 12, 13, and this year. The original thinking on the numbering was to emphasize that these were limited edition. Some people really seem to enjoy the numbering, others don't see the point. As to why someone would pay $150 for a particular number, I think it's part the desire to generously support us, as well as the bragging rights. For my part, it adds significant effort for reservations, sorting, and shipping. If we have mugs next year, they won't be numbered.

jttheclockman

If memory serves, the 5th year was numbered, and then not again until the 10th. Then again for 12, 13, and this year. The original thinking on the numbering was to emphasize that these were limited edition. Some people really seem to enjoy the numbering, others don't see the point. As to why someone would pay $150 for a particular number, I think it's part the desire to generously support us, as well as the bragging rights. For my part, it adds significant effort for reservations, sorting, and shipping. If we have mugs next year, they won't be numbered.

Thanks Jeff for the update and I was pretty sure there were years of no numbers. Never questioned the point of the money being paid for the mug just thought if there were another incentive as you did with the first auction that price would climb. Maybe add some more of those hard to come by chocolates. :):):) Other than that not sure why this auction stalled. Next year mug will probably more in demand because it is a big anniversary. Thinking out loud. :)

stonepecker

Thank you Richard.
It is after 5 pm on Saturday.
Nobody raised the bid.
Sold to Richard for $155.00
Contact Jeff and let him know which Number Mug you want and which kind of chocolate you would like.

The reason I am closing this auction is because Chuck is in pain right now.
Hopefully, He will be back and ready to take our money with the next auction.

Thanks to all for bidding.

socdad

Malley's chocolates? Reminds me of my first couple of years teaching in Fairview Park & a student at Coffinberry Elementary ... Mike Malley

hcpens

GOT MY MUG, TEE-SHIRT, and STICKER

I am a short timer here at IAP compared to some of the old-timers, but I am getting a nice collection of IAP mugs.

Thanks again to all that make this GREAT organization possible and FUN. The chocolates never hurt either.

:RockOn::bananen_smilies022::bananen_smilies027::bananen_smilies026::bananen_smilies104:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom