Winners of the Shop Life Photo Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Congratulations to the winners of our Shop Life Photo Contest. Some interesting shots were taken. Your three favorite are:

#3 Sidekick by JohnU

The narrative for this photo is

"A side kicks job is never done.* Learning is only have the battle.* Cleaning is the other.* At least its fun making the mess."

John wins a gift certificate from Georges Bits of Timber. $50.

#2 Shop Dog by Rachgard.

"Shop Dog, Chompers, caught in the act of trying to steal some nice blanks to chew on."

Rachgard wins a gift certificate from R&B Crafts for $50.

And our overall winner is:

Sawhorse by CabinetMaker

"I prefer a large but easily movable saw horse in my shop."

CabinetMaker will receive an AAW membership from MrVic. $65 and a gift certificate from Bear Tooth Woods. $20.00

Congratulations to all the winners!​

Our other photographers were:

Cramped by KCW

"This is my small, cramped shop, that is overrun with miscellaneous stuff (you can see the diaper boxes).* But the most important thing in the shop today are two of daddy's biggest fans (Max and Jax), watching daddy make pens."

Dustsquatch by Seer

"This was taken by my wife Kristin on a day I decided to turn a small bowl and I had sawdust and shavings all over the place.* She called me Dustsquatch when she saw me."

Just turning a bowl today by eborraga

"Just turning a bowl today"

Making Shavings by Edgar

"I really liked the way the shavings were flying off this block of wood, so I decided to shoot a picture of it. The toughest part was trying to keep a nice cut going with one hand while holding a camera two feet back with the other hand."

This is my shop by SpecialV4213

"My name is Michael and this is my shop. The third of a 3 car garage in our new home. Now it is my chapel and zen garden. It is where I find my center, and inspiration turns to creation.**It isn't much, but it is my shop."

Time to Cast by Brian G

"It all started with a clean workbench.* Then I thought, "It's cold outside, I have 16 lbs of Alumilite, and some time.* I think I'll cast a few blocks for blanks."* So I put down a sheet of rosin paper to protect the bench from spills.* I had my notebook for notes.* The scale, pressure pot, and mixing cups were in place.* Sometimes I need a mallet to demold.* Needed the hearing and eye protection to skim the edges of the blanks on the table saw (not shown).* Seems a shame to discard the off cuts.* Maybe I can use them for something.* Did I cut the blanks* square?* Better check with a square.** YAY, he GatorMolds arrived!* Great timing; I have to try them out.* So I did.* They came with some Liquid Diamonds.* Might as well try some label casting to see how that goes, too.* Gee, I might as well turn a few to see how they look.* Finish nails on some scrap keep the barrels organized.* The yogurt cups are fantastic for holding the bags of pen components.* I like using the skew.* Bushings are ready. . . turn away!* Geez what a mess.* Who cares? A mess in the shop means Shop Life is GREAT!"

Work in Progress by Longbeard

"This is what a shop looks like after moving in. Still in progress after 5 months."

Together in the Shop by WigWag Workshop

"*So, I says hey, sweetie, it would be nice if we spent some time in the workshop together…. Next thing I know, she took over 1/2 the workbench, and littered the workshop with glitter and gold dust. (Not Pictured is our cat taking over another 1/4 of the workbench)"

Top Bottom