Welcome to the 2018 BASH Puzzle Contests

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Puzzle contests will start shortly. Here are the general rules and guidelines:

There will be multiple puzzle contests - the total number has not yet been determined, but I will try to have at least 10 this year.

Since we do not have a separate Trivia Contest this year, the Puzzle Contest will include a combination of puzzles & trivia.

Each contest will have its own rules, so be sure to read the rules for each post as it is posted. The http://www.penturners.org/forum/f70/universal-contest-rules-133052/ rules shall also apply. Each contest will be open for at least 48 hours - some may be open longer. Banter is always encouraged, but please do not post or share any real hints.

All correct entries in each individual puzzle contest will earn one or more points toward the overall Puzzle Contest Score. After all individual puzzles are over, the 3 highest point winners will get the 3 grand prizes. All correct entries in each individual puzzle will also go into a random draw to determine winners for the individual puzzle prizes.

All winners (individual and grand prize) will be determined and announced after all puzzles are completed. There will be a maximum of one individual puzzle prize per person, but everyone is eligible for the grand prizes.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the games.
Edgar

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Puzzle Contest Prize Announcement

I am planning a total of 10 contests. There will be 2 individual prizes for each puzzle & everyone earning at least 1 point in a contest will be entered into a random draw for an individual prize for that puzzle.

There will be 3 overall prizes for the three highest point winners. Each person can win only one individual puzzle prize, but you are eligible for an overall prize even if you win an individual puzzle prize. Ties for overall prizes will be broken by a random draw.

Everyone who enters at least one puzzle contest, but does not win an individual puzzle prize or an overall prize, will be entered into a final random drawing for a "Loser's Prize". This means that even if you don't earn a single point during those contests, you will still have a chance for a prize in the BASH Puzzle Contest just for playing at least once.

Note: the special kick-off contest that Mike (mredburn) held at the beginning of the month does not count in any of the scoring or prize awards described here. That means that no one received any points toward the overall prize from that special contest and those who did win prizes in that contest are still eligible for individual and overall prizes in my contests. Hope that makes sense. :)

Have fun
Edgar

Top Bottom