Puzzle Contest #8

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Puzzle #8 is now open.

This is a Word Scramble puzzle. Your task is to unscramble the 20 words listed at the end of this post.

1. Send your list of the 20 words to iap.puzzles@gmail.com. Be sure to put Puzzle #8 in the Subject line of your message so I can keep track of which contest your entry is for
2. Please keep your list in this same order. If you cannot solve one or more of them, just put a question mark or leave it blank.
3. This puzzle will close at noon CST on Friday, Feb 23.

Be sure to include your real name and user name in your message.

Get at least 15 right and you will earn one point. Get all 20 correct and you will earn 2 points. Everyone getting at least 15 right will be entered into the drawing for this puzzle.

Everyone who is in this list may enter this contest and will be eligible for all prizes.

Banter is encouraged, but please do not post any real hints. Everyone needs to figure out the puzzles on their own.

Have fun and let me know if you have any questions.
Edgar

Here are some clues.
Each of these words is the User Name of an IAP Member.
Each of these members has posted over 100 times since they joined IAP.
Each of these members started at least one thread in an IAP Community Forum during 2017.
All of these user names are single words - no blanks, hypens or other punctuation has been omitted. I did change lowercase letters to capitals.

1 MGMIDDANUE
2 YFSTAFLTI
3 GWVATYR
4 LEAAEMRCLD
5 LRHIELSFN
6 NICTOURBOA
7 YLRRNSDA
8 CGHHCNOAIDA
9 YEHBRTKID
10 RMRBENDU
11 OOEBIBLB
12 TNARAUPRPE
13 EAAKBMREE
14 LAIEMACODN
15 CEEKNPRESOT
16 DLYODALSJ
17 ILLSERECH
18 IHMWNSTEAH
19 TOOTRLTLO
20 HKILTGEON

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Correction to #13

I just edited the original post to correct an error with #13. The list should now be correct (I hope).

Edgar

alankulwicki7

I've got one so far. 8 hours to get the other 19 and it's not looking good....

You have until noon CST on Friday for this one. That should be enough time for you to figure out at least 5 of them. :)

I'm on shift today and I've got time to spare:biggrin:. I'm off tomorrow and Friday so I've got projects to do at home :eek:.

FYI I knocked out Puzzle #7 last night and actually had help from my wife but she might not take too kindly to me spending days unscrambling names :eek:

greenacres2

Couldn't find a way to work the mongoose or your favorite nut into this one Edgar? You're slippin' man

It's in there--number xx unscrambles to the Klingon translation of mongoose. I was up all night until I figured it out. Odd thing, all 103 posts started by that user in 2017 talk about how much he loves macadamias?? :wink:
earl

Dehn0045

I don't speak Klingon, but I have an uncle who does though. I'm not sure if he's any good at spelling, which might be a problem...

Dehn0045

Yea, I posted on the wrong one. I forgot to send my list in for #7

Bad news, Puzzle #7 doesn't end on Friday... Sorry man. Edgar might have mercy on you being that you were only a few minutes late, and you announced your mistake here prior to him officially closing the puzzle over there. What will it be, "Edgar the Merciful" or "Edgar the Ruthless" ?

CREID

Yea, I posted on the wrong one. I forgot to send my list in for #7

Bad news, Puzzle #7 doesn't end on Friday... Sorry man. Edgar might have mercy on you being that you were only a few minutes late, and you announced your mistake here prior to him officially closing the puzzle over there. What will it be, "Edgar the Merciful" or "Edgar the Ruthless" ?
I say be ruthless and make him get all the answers to #8. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Before he excepts a late #7.

stonepecker

I have already "tipped" my hat to the master puzzler. Edgar always has me stumped. I never get more the 1/10 of an answer to any of them.

But I look at them all....scratch the bald spot on my head....and then smile.
Great work there Edgar.

MRDucks2

Got'em! I like this puzzle. :biggrin: I found the last one on #7, had it on my cell phone, accidentally deleted it and never could find it before the deadline.:crying::crying::crying:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Puzzle #8 Answers

Puzzle #8 is now closed & here are the answers:

We had 11 entrants for this puzzle. Nine people got all 20 correct and will earn 2 points. Two people identified less than 20, but more than 15, so they will each earn 1 point. All 11 entrants will be in the drawing for an individual prize for this puzzle.

Thanks for playing
Edgar

1 MGMIDDANUE = 1. DIAUMNDGEM
2 YFSTAFLTI = 2. FLYITFAST
3 GWVATYR = 3. VTGARYW
4 LEAAEMRCLD = 4. CAMARDELLE
5 LRHIELSFN = 5. FERNHILLS
6 NICTOURBOA = 6. ROBUTACION
7 YLRRNSDA = 7. RANDYRLS
8 CGHHCNOAIDA. = 8. CHICAGOHAND
9 YEHBRTKID = 9. KEITHBYRD
10 RMRBENDU = 10. MREDBURN