Puzzle Contest #5

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Puzzle Contest #5 is now open.

This is another Wood Identification contest, but this time you only have to identify one wood and here are the possibilities (in alphabetical order):

Alabama Supplejack
Gum Bully
Hills Weeping Fig
Mongoose Wood
Sassafras
Tickle Tongue
Wild Persimmon

All you have to do is decide which of the above is correct and send your answer to iap.puzzles@gmail.com. Be sure to put Puzzle #5 in the Subject line of your message so I can keep track of which contest your entry is for

You will earn one point for this contest if you submit a correct answer

This puzzle will close at noon CST on Friday, Feb 16.

As always, banter is encouraged, but please do not post any real hints.

Have fun & thanks for playing
Edgar

Attachments

• Puzzle 5 Image.jpg
    Puzzle 5 Image.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 250
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BarryE

Weeping Sassafras you daGum Bully, here's hoping your Tickle Tongued pet Mongoose Wood take off for the Alabama Hills with your stash of Wild Persimmons, Figs and jugs of Supplejack.

:curse::crying::at-wits-end::)

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Another View of the Wood

Please use a tripod for the next pic!

Sorry, I was in a bit of a hurry this morning & just shot some quick photos with my iPhone. I selected that view because it didn't show the chain saw marks as much as the other sides. I think the focus on this view might be slightly better.

Attachments

• Puzzle 5 Image2.jpg
    Puzzle 5 Image2.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 206

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Another photo

Well, you don't win the photo contest.:biggrin:

For sure - but here's another that I shot after I got home. Hopefully it's a "little" better.

Attachments

• 00170C46-1C6B-4243-AC6E-8EF15B830F8F.jpg
    00170C46-1C6B-4243-AC6E-8EF15B830F8F.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 211

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Puzzle 5 Second Chance

Since my first photo was so lousy, I'm going to give everyone 2 guesses on this one.

If you have already submitted an entry, you may submit a second one.

If you have not yet submitted an entry, you may put 2 guesses on a single entry or submit 2 entries with one guess on each.

Edgar

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Puzzle #5 Extended Time

I will keep Puzzle #5 open until I can get around to posting the answer. Probably later today.

So if you have not yet submitted your 2 guesses, you still have a little time to do so.

Edgar

Leo S. Long

I'm glad you did that Edgar, because I compleatly forgot. Probably won't matter anyway as I really have no clue as to what it is. So I just sent in my to shots in the dark hoping to hit something.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Puzzle #5 Answer

Puzzle #5 is now closed.

The correct answer was Tickle Tongue (aka Prickly Ash, Hercules Club, Toothache Tree & Pepper Bark).

We had 28 entries for this contest and 5 people got the correct answer. Those 5 each earned 1 point for this contest and will be entered into the random draw for an individual puzzle prize.

By the way, Mongoose Wood was intended as a joke. As far as I know, there is no such thing. :wink:

Thanks for playing
Edgar

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I'm glad you did that Edgar, because I compleatly forgot. Probably won't matter anyway as I really have no clue as to what it is. So I just sent in my to shots in the dark hoping to hit something.��

You beat the deadline by 1 minute. :)

Top Bottom