Puzzle Contest #10

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Puzzle Contest #10 is now open.

This is another crossword puzzle.

As noted in Puzzle #9, our interactive puzzle server is no longer available to us and I did not have time to set up a new one before this year's BASH, so you will have to do these the old-fashioned way (paper & pen or pencil) and you will also have to type out all your answers in order to submit an entry.

PLEASE READ & FOLLOW THESE RULES CAREFULLY.

1. Print out the puzzle from the attached pdf file and solve it as best you can
2. Copy the list of clues at the end of this post into a text editor of some sort and insert your answers IN FRONT of each clue (do not erase the clues)
3. After you have solved the puzzle, or whenever you give up, copy and paste your list of answers into an email message and send it to iap.puzzles@gmail.com. Be sure to put Puzzle #10 in the Subject line of your message so I can keep track of which contest your entry is for
4. Please put a question mark in front of any clues that you cannot solve.
5. This puzzle will close at noon CST on Monday, Feb 26.

Be sure to include your real name and user name in your message.

You will earn 2 points if you can solve the entire puzzle correctly. I will give 1 point for solving at least 90% of the clues. Everyone earning one or two points will be entered into the drawing for an individual prize puzzle.

HINT: The puzzle theme is shown at the top of the grid.

The list of clues is in the attached pdf file, but I have also included it in this post to make it easier for you to import into a text file for preparing your entries for this contest.

Banter is encouraged, but please do not post any real hints. Everyone needs to figure out the puzzles on their own.

Have fun and let me know if you have any questions.
Edgar

Across

3. Ridges
4. A Squad
5. Amber
8. Squab
10. Oatmeal
11. Fudge
13. Bull's Eye
17. Hide Maybe
18. Course
20. Hoagie
24. Resign
27. Sock
29. Helve
32. Watch It!
33. Scour
35. Coif
37. Perfect
39. Cheat
42. Babs
44. Mistral
46. Lure
47. Motto
49. Media
51. Tickler
52. Naves
54. Record
55. Nurture
56. CRT Glass

Down

1. Subs
2. Pale
4. Guise
6. Exercise
7. Arm's Cover
9. Addict
10. Luge
12. Score
14. Gimlet
15. Gat
16. Train
17. Norm
19. Commode
21. Rex
22. Letup
23. Massage
25. Sets
26. Mad
28. Rap
30. Lungs
31. Gulf
34. Sweatshop
36. Ooze
38. Depth
40. Abuse
41. Kent Area
43. Red-Eye
45. Bricks
48. Key Part
49. Mew
50. Chops
53. Bag

Attachments

• Puzzle10a.pdf
    78.7 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
PUZZLE #10 CORRECTION

This crossword has one black square that did not properly show up in the original pdf file.

I have edited the original post with a corrected pdf file.

Please be sure to use the pdf file called Puzzle10a.pdf

Edgar

alankulwicki7

Darn ! I was going to insert the Greek for infinity in there , just to remind myself that I (and probably everyone else ) have an infinitesimal chance of completing that puzzle .

I'm with you there. Unless I'm on shift I don't really have the time to invest in these huge puzzles. To much other stuff to do :)

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
The End Is Near

Just a reminder that Puzzles #9 and #10 will both end at noon CST today (Monday, Feb 26).

Edgar

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
PUZZLES ARE NOW CLOSED

Puzzles #9 and #10 are now closed.

That's the end of the 2018 BASH Puzzle Contests. I will post results for 9 & 10 shortly, but it will take me some time to review all the entries once more and announce the individual & overall winners of this year's puzzles.

Thanks for playing
Edgar

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Puzzle #10 Results

Four people submitted an entry for this puzzle. Unfortunately, no one got more than 14 of the words correct, so I cannot award any points for this puzzle. The individual prizes for this puzzle will be reallocated.

I spent a LOT of time creating this puzzle, so I am not going to publish the answers at this time. I may use this puzzle as a starting point for creating a future crossword puzzle in another BASH or Summer Extravaganza contest down the road.

Thanks for playing.
Edgar

greenacres2

I spent too much time on #9 to take a hard look at #10-but going through it once left me using VERY little ink!! Thanks for all the work you've done on all 10 puzzles--challenging, fun and educational (at least for me!!)
earl

Dehn0045

I spent too much time on #9 to take a hard look at #10-but going through it once left me using VERY little ink!! Thanks for all the work you've done on all 10 puzzles--challenging, fun and educational (at least for me!!)
earl

Ditto, well put

1080Wayne

Four people submitted an entry for this puzzle. Unfortunately, no one got more than 14 of the words correct, so I cannot award any points for this puzzle. The individual prizes for this puzzle will be reallocated.

I spent a LOT of time creating this puzzle, so I am not going to publish the answers at this time. I may use this puzzle as a starting point for creating a future crossword puzzle in another BASH or Summer Extravaganza contest down the road.

Thanks for playing.
Edgar

So we can think about those clues for at least a few more months guys . Those of us with black hair will have turned grey , those with white will have less of it and those with a fringe may not have any , but Edgar`s puzzles will go on !

Top Bottom