Puzzle Contest #1

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Here we go with our first 2018 BASH Puzzle Contest...

We recently held a Superbowl Pool activity. We have been doing this for a few years now, so the question for this puzzle is:

Who were the winners of the first IAP Superbowl Pool activity?

1. You must name all of the winners - either by user name or real name. The order that you list them in does not matter.
2. Send your list to iap.puzzles@gmail.com. Be sure to put Puzzle #1 in the Subject line of your message so I can keep track of which contest your entry is for
3. You will earn one point for this contest if you get all the winners right
4. This puzzle will close at noon CST on Friday, Feb 9.

Be sure to include your real name and user name in your message.

One hint: there were more than 4 winners that year, but you will have to figure out what the year was on your own.Do not post any hints or answers in this thread. All entries must be by email only.

Banter is encouraged, but please do not post any real hints. Everyone needs to figure out the puzzles on their own.

Have fun and let me know if you have any questions.
Edgar

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greenacres2

That was cool--and got lost in a little history and old threads while I looked. Even if my answers are wrong, it was fun to look!!
earl

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Closing soon

Puzzle #1 will close at noon CST today, so you just have a few minutes left to submit an entry.

No entries submitted after the closing time will be accepted.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Puzzle #1 Answers

Here are the correct answers for Puzzle #1:

PTOWNSUBBIE
SPATS139
1TJTURNER
AWOLFE
DISPLACED CANADIAN
PEPSI
MBROBERG
MAXMAN400

The first IAP Superbowl Pool activity was held in 2010 and there were enough participants for two pools that year, so there were a total of 8 winners.

We had a total of 35 players and 23 of you identified all 8 winners correctly (I did accept misspellings as long as I could determine that you did know who the winners were).

The most common error made by those of you who did not get all the answers correct was to identify BOBLEIBO as one of the winners. If you only looked at the actual quarter scores, you would have been correct; however, being the organizer, Bob decided not to accept his prize and instead awarded it to another player by random draw.

The key was to find this particular post where the final winners of the activity were announced:

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f14/superbowl-grids-57727/

Thanks for playing
Edgar

keithncsu

Unbelievable...I found that needle in the haystack and read every page. Pulled the winners from the posts as they were announced. HOWEVER, I never realized they were posted on the first page and included the random draw winner for Bobleibo. UNREAL. I should just stop now...

Top Bottom