2018 BASH PUZZLE WINNERS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
A total of 55 people participated in one or more of the puzzle contests this year.

Our grand prize winner with 12 points, earning the right to call himself the 2018 Puzzle Meister, is

Chris Coul (coulcd)

Chris wins a $50 Gift Certificate from George's Bits of Timber and a Sierra or Bolt Action Snake Skin Blank worth $30 from its_virgil

Coming in second with 11 points was:

Sam Dehn (dehn0045)

Sam wins a $50 Gift Certificate from Craft Supply USA and a $25 Gift Certificate from Woodturningz.

Three people tie for 3rd place with 10 points. I had two $50 prizes and a $35 prize available, so by random draw, the three 3rd place prizes were awarded as follows:

Barry Elings (BarryE) wins a $50 GC from WoodNWhimsies

Doug Swanson (alankulwicki7) wins a $50 GC from George's Bits of Timber

Leo S. Long (Leo S. Long) wins a $35 Poly Clay Blank for Majestic Squire from Exclusive Designz

Congratulations to our top puzzle participants. You have certainly earned your prizes.

Thanks to all the vendors who donated these great prizes.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dehn0045

Congrats Chris, or should I say "Puzzle Meister"! Thanks to all who contributed prizes, and especially thanks to Edgar for running the whole show! Congrats to the rest of the winners as well. I guess this is my stop to exit the "Losers Train"! (now I need to go buy some kits to go with all those blanks that I won from the Super Bowl Pool :banana::banana::banana:)

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
2018 BASH PUZZLES - Individual Contest Winners

We had a total of 18 prizes available for individual contest winners (two per contests 1-9). Everyone who earned at least 1 point in a contest was entered into the random draw for that puzzle. No one could earn more than one individual prize, but the top overall winners were also eligible for an individual prize.

Here are the 18 individual prize winners and their prizes:

1080Wayne - Puzzle #9 - a $35 Fungi Culture Blank from Northern Spalting

Coulcd - Puzzle #3 - a $30 Rattlesnake Blank for a Cigar kit from its_virgil

Edward Cypher - Puzzle #4 - a $30 Poly Clay Blank for a Zen kit from Exclusive Designz

lyonsacc - Puzzle #6 - a $25 GC from WoodTurningz

geoffholden - Puzzle #7 - a $25 BOB from blade.white

MrDucks2 - Puzzle #8 - $25 GC donated by Cmiles1985

Skeleton2014 - Puzzle #7 - a $25 Steampunk Blank for a Jr. Gent II kit from Serge Delagnes

southernclay - Puzzle # 1 - a $25 BOB from Edgar

Monty - Puzzle # 4 - a $25 BOB from Edgar

Sparhawk - Puzzle # 2 - a $25 BOB from Edgar

rholiday - Puzzle # 8 - a $25 BOB from Edgar

Racer3770 - Puzzle # 1 - a $25 BOB from Edgar

Leo S. Long - Puzzle # 9 - a $25 BOB from Edgar

jtwebb - Puzzle #2 - a $25 Alumilite GC

alankulwicki7 - Puzzle #5 - a $25 Alumilite GC

allmaclean - Puzzle #3 - a $25 Alumilite GC

dehn0045 - Puzzle #5 - a $25 GC from Signature Pen Supply

Karl_99 - Puzzle #6 - a $25 GC from WoodTurningz

Congratulations to all you lucky folks and thanks to all the donors who made these prizes possible.

Here is how I conducted the drawings for these prizes:
1. I drew winners for the two individual prizes in order of the number of eligible entrants per contest. Puzzle 5 only had 5 people eligible for a prize, so I drew those two winners first. I then proceed on through all the contests and finally got to Puzzle #2 which had 35 eligible participants.
2. Once I finished those drawings, I then had a list of 18 individual prize winners in the order that they were selected from the 9 puzzles.
3. The prizes available for the individual contests were listed in the order shown in this post. I used random.org to reorder the 18 winners and the result is the winner-prize matchups that you see in this post.

Thanks for playing
Edgar

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Thanks Edgar, George, Don, and everyone else who donated prizes for this year's contest. Congrats to the other winners. I'm mostly making this post to check out my new signature.

Looks Great - you certainly earned it!
Congratulations!

alankulwicki7

Did I see my name up there twice? Wow, that's awesome!

Thanks for running the contest, Edgar! It was a fun (and challenging) time!

And thanks to all the sponsors and those who donated prizes for the 2018 Puzzle Contest!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
2018 BASH PUZZLES - ONE FINAL PRIZE

A total of 55 people entered at least one puzzle this year. Eight people did not earn a single point, so they were not eligible for any of the individual puzzle prizes.

However, for being such good sports and just making an effort to enter one or more of the puzzle contests, I held a special drawing for that group of 8 people for one last prize.

That lucky person is:

Jerry Linton (Seer)

Congratulations, Jerry...
You have won a Genuine, Officially Licensed, Brand New​

IAP CRYING TOWEL!!

Courtesy of Mr. & Mrs. Stonepecker

southernclay

Edgar,
Thank you for doing so much on these puzzles. I wish I had more time to play in them this year. The little I did was fun. Thanks for the prize and congrats to all the winners!

BarryE

Thanks to Edgar for your work and time on the contest, enjoyed it much. Not to mention learning about Mongoose wood!

Special thanks to WoodNWhimsies for the gc and everyone who sponsored the 2018 Bash.

It's great to see the involvement of woodworkers and suppliers in this forum without the "drama" found in some other communities.

greenacres2

Edgar--from here your efforts looked Herculean!! I came away empty handed, but not without having had a BLAST and learning a lot at the same time (though you could do the same wood puzzles next year and i'd still struggle!!).
Thanks to all for the banter and a good time. Now...time to feed a few pecans to my mongeese!!
earl

1080Wayne

Congratulations to the top puzzlers ! I know the amount of time it took me to get three points . I could never get to the level you achieved .

Once again , heartfelt thanks to Edgar for his herculean efforts to entertain , enlighten and frustrate us . Thank you for drawing my name for the spalted wood and thank you Northern Spalted for supplying it . I look forward to using it and comparing it to my locally spalted woods .

Edward Cypher

Thanks Edgar for all your time and energy. Thanks for drawing my name for a Toni blank, I have wanted one of her blanks for a long time. Thanks Toni for supporting the BASH.

Skeleton2014

[QUOTE...

Skeleton2014 - Puzzle #7 - a $25 Steampunk Blank for a Jr. Gent II kit from Serge DelagneS

Thanks for playing
Edgar[/QUOTE]

Wanted to give a very appreciative THANK YOU to Edgar for all the work he does for the IAP. I also received a $20 GC from Bear Tooth Woods for guessing which day he would start the Puzzle contest. There were some very nice donated prizes and I can't wait to start on my Steampunk blank!
Thanks to all the donors this year! I'm sure many of the members will agree this contest is something we look forward to every February (and August for the Summer Extravaganza).
Jeff
Skeleton2014

Top Bottom